Miles haters may get their wish.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Texas_Tiger, Oct 27, 2010.

1. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

LSU is not the only school with fans that may think like this. Coaches, I have news for you, this type behavior WILL and IS happening these days.
    However, LSU is the only school that repeatedly gets to see the same mind numbing stupidity from the same people.

You think the fans at Florida, Texas and USC are doing any better than us??

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Any truth to the rumor that Saban's wife was seen at Mass last Sunday, in Tuscaloosa, with purple shoes and a gold wedding band ????

:grin:

3. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

This is where you'd be wrong.

At this point in his carreer, he's got all the money he needs. He has a NC under his belt. It becomes less about the "contract" and more about achievment.

There's much more satisfaction in taking a bottom feeder team to the top of its conference than maintaining a top level team at unachievable expectations. Just think Boisy State or TCU. They have outgrown their conferences. That's an achievment.

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

That's exactly what he did at Oklahoma St.

5. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

This +1000:eek:

If Miles straightens up his offensive woes, we will be right there again and everybody will love him again. I much rather fight with perfect to 4 loss seasons than cycle between being a NC and bottom of the conference.

When Miles wins another NC at LSU, he will have two just like the other boneheads, then all of this will be a mute point. How many other conferences have 5 rings between 3 coaches?

6. Gold Nugget

Gold Nugget Veteran Member

Honestly, as long as Saban is at Alabama we will have a disturbing number of "fans" who will never be happy and won't give any new coach a chance. That's not to imply Miles is perfect nor hasn't made mistakes and even brought on some criticism himself. But even if he left the way so many fantasize about Saban they'll be on the new guy from day one wanting his arse gone before the first kickoff.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If Les leaves LSU it will be for Michigan or the vacation home. He's rich and has done all that one can do in this business. Who needs more stress? I figure Les coaches another year or two at LSU then either does a farewell tour at Michigan before retiring . . . or simply retires and starts enjoying himself.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

this has been what i think he may do.

clm has enough money to bank and take care of his family. he doesnt strike me as the type to always have to make more money and a bigger salary.

add to that, the man once had a life changing medical event. one that he acknowledges made him reevaluate what is important in life. this is a man that i think can walk away from it all because i think he knows what he is walking to is more important.

9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I don’t think that Miles is going anywhere, at least not yet, but if some get their wish he will. Miles has a lot of faults, I won’t deny that, but he also has a lot of positives. There is a facet of the fan base that continues to say that he keeps winning in spite of himself and is winning due to the talent on the team. I can see, given some of his gaffs, how one might make that connection. I would claim that he is actually a much better coach than some want to give him credit for. Given the circumstances that have surrounded this program over the past 2 – 3 seasons it takes a pretty good coach to win as much as we have. Having to face the QB situation we have had over the past 3 seasons, forced hand due to having to let a knucklehead go, playing QB’s who aren’t developed thoroughly, an OC that can’t develop an offense that can consistently move the ball or make adjustments to the personnel he has and use their strengths, an attempt to maintain a D with a D coordinator staff that was an experiment. All these obstacles, his fault or not, are not the kinds of things that allow a program to maintain the level of competition we have. He may do some goofy stuff, he may make some poor decisions, he may make some mistakes in his asst coaching selections, but he overcomes them and corrects them. Could I do without all the drama that is caused by some of his decisions, sure, but he sure does make it entertaining, and he sure does figure out how to keep winning. Winning even when he shouldn’t, even when he doesn’t have the deck stacked in his favor. Yep, just a bit better coach than some might think. Unorthodox, sure, makes mistakes, you bet, but in the end he brings what is most wanted a winning program on and off the field

10. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I don't get all this Saban crap. Why is he constantly brought into conversions on this board? He has nothing to do with the situation. Everyone I know pretty much dislikes the guy because he's an ass and coaches a rival school. Just like with Tubby, Spurrier, Meyer, Orgeron, Kifin, etc.

Miles' success at LSU did not come from Saban's recruits. On the flip side, the heat Miles takes for his short comings is not Saban's doing either. People are not upset about Miles clock management issues because of Saban.

I swear there is such a disproportionate number of fans with Saban fixation on this board it's crazy sometimes.

When Saban was in Tiger land, Let my Saban go....