Miles haters - what did he do to lose the game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by fanatic, Oct 23, 2010.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

It's no secret that our offense blows. Mostly because of the ineptitude at QB. I wanted JL to start, Jefferson actually had the better game.

Did Miles drop 5 passes today? Does he tell Jefferson to hang on to the ball as long as possible, then take off running? Still, the slow decision making on the part of both QBs when passing is what's costing this team. Hard to blame that on Miles. We just got beat by a better team. That's it. It happens to the best of us.

I know we see the same plays over and over, but when those are the only plays your QB can execute with some consistency, you're hand is kind of forced.

I think most we waiting for us to lose just so they could pile on. We're just a serviceable QB away from being a national contender. When that happens, you same people dog cussing him now will hail him as the greatest coach in LSU history.

2. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I'm not a Miles hater, but to answer your questions, his inability to deal with the QB position over the past 3 seasons is a huge problem. He has otherwise assembled a contending team, but this giant hole at the QB position for so long is just unacceptable. Perilloux wasn't his fault, but the position is as unstable as ever, and it has been almost 3 full seasons now. He needs to get this fixed before next season. I hope the QB recruiting is going well. And if it isn't enough to rectify this situation by next year, you better stop letting good QBs get by you, like Newton coming out of a JUCO, Masoli being kicked off of Oregon, or even the current Oregon QB who didn't want to play with us because he feared he'd be moved to a different position. Hello Sheppard!

:(

3. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

No, but he didnt punt when he should have. And instead of calling a real play once he committed to going for it, he tried a stupid trick play trying to fool the defense by making them think TT was running off the field.

You punt the football, we still have a shot.

All in all, I dont think we should be mad that we lost. It's Auburn at auburn for goodness sake. But the coach took the wind out of the sail with that decision.

Also the defensive gameplan was the softest its been all year against a 72% run team we played way back off the ball.

4. Texas_Tiger

Texas_Tiger Tiger Stuck in Aggie Land

Until LSU finds a O-Line to protect that QB, not going to happen!!!

5. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Is this really true about the Oregon QB?

:geauxtige

6. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Yep, was told he would make a great DB.

7. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

the wonderful col klink and his trusty side kick sgt shultz Miles and crowton....... cluless as ever. :dis:

8. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I suspect he felt like they wouldn't get the ball back with the way Auburn was running the ball. We had no answer for that today, so I am not bothered by his decision. If he punts it and we don't get the ball back, the criticism is that we should have figured we wouldn't get the ball back and he just handed it over.

Again, it's the inability to deal with the QB position that is the most troubling to me at this moment and after all this time. The poor run-D was simply a routine coaching breakdown as opposed to this structural QB problem. Chavis should have had the guys better prepared for Auburn's running game, and he clearly didn't. I assume that issue can be addressed from one week to the next. At least I hope so. The QB situation, not so much obviously.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Not a miles hater but I'll give it a shot. The first thing he did was not fire the entire offensive staff after last season. The second was the constant shuffling of the QB's allowing neither to get into a rhythm. The 3rd is allowing Crowton to drive the bus further into the ditch with every passing game. Three years in a row of the worse offense in the SEC, time to make a drastic change.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

what do you want him to do, make J Lee and JJ better?

Other than better play calling, it is out of his hands IMO>

We lost 2 qbs from 2008 to now.

RP and ZL..

With those, I firmly believe J Lee or JJ would have never seen the field like this....