Miles is to blame for our offense (Crowton is hamstringed)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Sep 26, 2010.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

My wait and see attitude has returned to "Miles needs to go".

Miles is to blame for our offense. He is responsible for sticking with Jefferson (he likes the ability to run that Jefferson brings to the table, via post-game interview). He stuck with Lee far beyond the point where it was good for Lee, and is doing the same with Jefferson. He's stuck with Crowton for too long, and he thinks he is doing the right thing by sticking by his guy. Maybe he's doing good by Crowton by not firing him last season, but our QBs are suffering because of Miles unwillingness to give both QBs a chance to grow together.

Why did we put Lee in for one series at the end of the game and then put Jefferson back in? There was no good reason for that series of events, and there was an obvious point (when Lee put on his helmet and Jefferson had his off) that Jefferson needed to come off the field. Hearing the home crowd boo isn't good for Jefferson, but Miles is too damn stubborn to care. Miles is not putting Jefferson in the best position to succeed and the message he is sending Lee is that we have less trust in you than we have in Jefferson, who is performing so terribly the LSU fans are booing the decision to keep him in.

Crowton may not be great, but I blame Miles and I am ready for him to go. He has a damn strong team put together outside of the offense, and some key positions playing well even on the offense, but we are totally mishandling our QBs and have been since Perrilloux left. I think this will continue to happen regardless of who is OC. Ridiculous.

It is obvious we have a wealth of talent, that we've been the more talented team on the field each week this season, and that we are struggling goes to show how bad our coaching is. Good coaches maximize their talent, they don't squander it on a regular basis.

2. boblinfoto

boblinfoto Ohio LSU fan/artist

We can say all we want on this forum, but unless Miles is reading these posts, he doesn't care one iota what we think. He's the Head Coach. Crowton is his OC, and Jefferson is the quarterback. The only person who can change things is Miles. He's going to do what he wants to do.

However, there's one thing Miles now has to keep in mind. Rich Rodriguez is having good success at Michigan now. His team is clicking in all facets of the game. U of M will hang onto him. That WAS the one place where Miles could go if things went south at LSU. That's off the table now, apparently. So Miles has to win. If he gets canned, where's he going to go? Who's going to want a coach who can't see the forest for the trees?

If Miles can finally see the light, he'll bite the bullet and make the changes necessary. If he continues down this road depending on his (albeit) misguided loyalty towards Crowton and Jefferson, the rest of the football team, which this year has a real chance to be fabulous, will run right into the ground. The Defense and Special teams are the best in years, but after awhile, the futility of Miles's inactions will seep into every part of the team, and LSU will have another disappointing season.

3. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Crowton has done the same thing to every offense he has ever been in charge of.

Like boblinfoto said, Miles the general manager(not coach) either bites the bullet or he doesn't. He should have bit the bullet long ago on Crowton.

At 4-0, I would suspect Miles will do what most Mid-West coaches do... ride the pony until it completely collapses and dies.

When you have a bad hand, you have to know when to fold them. He should have folded this hand long ago, now Les's job could be on the line with 3-4 losses.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Exactly right, however some will say you are miserable. Miserable is having the #1 rated superstar quarterback...........playing WR.

5. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

He put JJ back in to run out the clock and to let JJ know he is still the LSU QB!

I don't agree with Les on this one at all. At least lets see a 2 QB monster!

JJ 2 or 3 series / JL 2 or 3 series

why not?

6. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Because you are doing nothing but spinning your tires.

Addressing the symptom instead of the problem is not going to help.

7. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Miles is part of the problem but it is way to early to be calling for his head. Coaches who win almost 80% of their games don't get fired. But Miles definately needs to give Lee a chance to see what he can do. Also Crowton and Studrawa have to go after this season.

1 person likes this.
  8. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

4-5 losses a year can get you canned... Florida got rid of zook with 4-5 loss seasons... sound familiar. Worse finish 3rd in the SEC East, all seasons in the top 25.

9. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

I must agree. There are multiple issues at work here. But, a better OC and a QB that can work his line will do wonders for LSU. I think LSU-SIU has said this a hundred times now, but JJ has never really been a QB. A QB can pass... we have no passing game, although JJ does manage a few, its too little too late and rarely returns a payoff. Then they run the option... I don't know. Most Saturdays, I'm sitting on my couch with a question mark floating over my head when I see some of these plays, and how often the play doesn't work out.

This is turning into a weekly soap opera... tune in next week to see what happens next. :huh:

10. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

IMO, even if UM were not doing well, WHY IN THE WORLD would they want
    Miles when they can have Harbaugh??? Miles is in serious danger of dropping a zero off his paycheck that is left of the decimal point. His stupidity is all over print and internet media. Anyone ever watch him on the sidelines??? Does he really know what is going on???:geauxtige

1 person likes this.