Miles is to blame for our offense (Crowton is hamstringed)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Sep 26, 2010.

1. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Amen..............they are vastly different players and a defense cannot focus
    on one aspect of LSU offense by playing both. I am very worried that any receiver worth a crap is watching this mess and concludes that a season with 4 catches and 85 yards on a team that throws for 850 yards total is not too appealing!:geaux:

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yeah, I used to think Crowton had a big part in this offense, but that just isn't the case. I'm telling you, Miles gives Crowton a sheet with about 20 plays on it, and only allows him to call of that sheet.

3. roynav

roynav free your mind

I have no problem with JJ going back in the game. If I recall correctly it was the last series of the game and all that needed to be done was run out the clock by keeping the ball on the ground. No passing. No need for Lee. Besides, leaving JJ on the bench to close out the game would have looked too much like a benching.

Your post ignores that:

1. They are 4-0 against some decent competition, with a young team. Your degree of outrage is unwarranted.

2. Did you ever think, maybe, just possibly, that we simply do not have a top quality QB on the roster?

4. Mezmorizor

Mezmorizor Founding Member

Lee can't possibly be worse than JJ

5. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

Shep wasn't the #1 rated QB, he was the #1 rated Athlete. I don't think you're miserable, just wrong about that. I'm as PO'd as I've ever been about LSU's coaching and some of their dumbass decisions as I've ever been.

6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

The play calling was fine last night...the execution...not so much. I've defended Jefferson before the season, giving him a chance to show he had learned what he needed to be a good QB...hell I really thought he would be good. But now? It's time for a change. I'm not sure Lee is it but he deserves a chance. It's obvious Jefferson isn't going to be a QB that can be counted on every week. The receivers dropped a few but when your QB is throwing passes that you have to wait on, have to contort or jump 10 feet into the air to make the catch it's on your mind that you are setting yourself for a nasty hit and injury.

Sheppard IS NOT the answer. He is an incredible athlete but he will never make a top notch QB. Could he be successful from the Wild Tiger? Possible. Nothing like running a few run options then unloading one down field. But everything I see when he is in the game is he is having trouble learning where he is supposed to line up and where he is supposed to be on a route. No way he could keep up with 3-4 route runners and who is running what in the back field if he can't seem to get his own routes straight.

My concern is if you don't get a true passer and game manager at QB Sheppard and company will grow increasingly frustrated. That could lead to top notch recruits think of taking their talents elsewhere.

If you really think that Miles is the one holding Crowton down I have a large office building across from the Superdome I'll sell you for cheap.

7. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

Personally I'd like to see an OC change. I don't know how effective it would be in the middle of the season, but something needs to happen. The running game is great, except for the damn option. It's not that it doesn't gain yards, but also that it never has the chance of being a touchdown play. JJ doesn't have the speed or decision making to get to the 2nd level of the defense like a good option QB does.

Also, I think that the OC should help JJ out by, you know, NOT HAVING HIM BOOTLEG TO THE LEFT SIDE. That drove me nuts last night, because it took an extra second for him to turn to his right side to throw it. Just run it to the right side and he will have that extra time to throw it and not need to adjust. Almost every time it went to the left and I could see him taking that time to turn and throw against his momentum that was carrying him to the left.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

JJ started off hot while the rest of the O stunk it up Minus Ridley.

After half, everyone tightened up while JJ stunk it up...

9. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Don't buy it. If that's the case why are we paying Crowton $400K/yr to do something Miles could do himself from the sideline, and use that money to hire a real QB coach? After 2 years we have two junior QBs with the leadership and decision-making skills of redshirt freshmen. That ain't Les' fault, it's Crowton's. Everyone knocks Les for wanting to play a Michigan-style running game, but that ridiculous option with Jefferson and Ridley doesn't fit that MO. Miles knows he is in a situation with zero dependable QBs and has to rely on a running game. Simple as that. Crowton, however, still thinks Perrilloux is our QB and can still do all the zone read/option stuff, when doing that with Jefferson is like forcing that square peg in the round hole.

In the end there's no use getting upset about the offense. It is what it is, and it ain't gonna get any better this season because nobody on this staff knows how to make in-game or in-season adjustments. LSU will finish at the bottom of the NCAA again on offense, and Crowton will be finished at LSU.

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

ExZACTLY

You dont spend the money we don on GC for him to finger his butt the entire game..

Miles makes these calls:

Who plays QB
    Go for it on 4th
    Kick a FG
    Onside kick
    Run the clock out

Thats about it.

If Miles truly had his hands in things, you would see him screwing up the D, but no, he lets Chavis do his job...