Miles is to blame for our offense (Crowton is hamstringed)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Sep 26, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I would be willing to bet my life on it. Crowton's formations, Crowton is calling plays, but they are plays that are stamped and approved by the head coach. It's really obvious.

You say that doesn't make sense because of his pay, but lets go over things that don't make sense.

Jarrett Lee 08. The guy was getting punished, he was making mistakes, he was thrown into the fire, he needed to be sat down so he could collect himself, and practice his butt off to get back to where he needs to be. Instead, he is left in there, to hear the boos, until he just gets planted in the Ole Miss game, and injured. Why wasn't the change made? To at least see if Jefferson could give the offense a spark.

Why hasn't the best player in college football been returning punts, especially when he did in high school? We wait until he is a junior? Why because we have Trindon Holliday who was one of the most over rated LSU Tigers i can remember.

Now 09 and 10, Jefferson isn't getting it done, as a matter of fact he sucks worse now than he did last year. And no moves are made.

Miles is stubborn, and I firmly believe he does the opposite of what the smart move is, just because if his works, he can shove it back in people's faces, like Herbstriet. He would beat his head into a brick wall until he either died, or the wall came down.

Miles did this at OSU. I am 100 percent sure that he is handcuffing the offense because of the turnovers in 08. His philosophy is, if we lose, we are going to lose my way. If we win, we are going to win my way.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Why didnt he handcuff the D then, they were just as bad in 2008?

Look I get what your saying, I just dont buy that we pay GC what we do and Miles calls the plays.

If Miles really had his way, we would be in Power I 80% of the time.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's probably going to happen. Whether Crowton is the problem or not, Les will have to sack him in December if we have another Bottom-100 Offense. Offense is Crowton's job. LSU winning is Les' job. Offense must produce for LSU to win.

I just don't see these highly-paid professionals banking their careers on Jordan Jefferson any longer. They are not fools and have surely discussed everything that we discuss here days in advance of us. The coaches know that they cannot afford to allow Jefferson to engineer a loss.

I suspect Jefferson will start for Tennessee, but will be permitted no more than two 3-and-outs or drives-resulting-in-field-goals before replacing him. I'm just afraid that Les is stubborn enough to not replace Jefferson before he loses a game.

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I agree that few things make sense with Miles. However, he did ditch Mallory and Peveto when needed after a lot of people thought he'd stick with them out of loyalty. You might as well try to read tea leaves when trying to understand Les. But if he's truly this stubborn, then he's going down with the ship. It doesn't matter how good the defense and special teams play, LSU won't finish higher than 2nd in the West with a rock-bottom offense. In which case Les either takes a huge pay cut after 2012 or he's done.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Because he isn't a defensive coach. He is an offensive coach. And i am not saying Miles is calling the plays. I am saying Miles is letting Crowton call plays based on set amount of plays stamped and approved by Les Miles.

6. msully

msully Founding Member

The LSU CRYBABY CLUB

I hoe that J Lee is ready now , Who is the reciever that was a HS QB ? Is he good enough to take over ? A lot of football is the mental game , and we as fans have something to do with that .LSU is 4-0 I think that every team we play is out to kick our butt we are not liked , we do not even like each other .
    WV is not a bad football team , this guy missed the total points of the game by 3 points.I missed it by a lot more than that . Here is that link Jeff: LSU Should Win - 5 Things To Watch - WWL - AM870 | FM105.3 | News | Talk | Sports Heck I would have told you that LSU would lose that game . I am not sure about the Vols , they will be trying to beat their ex coach. If they get 2 td's fast we have problems . You can only call the plays that you feel your QB can handle am I wrong ?? If I am someone in here will tell me about it. Defense can win the games we know that .I kinda miss the good ole 7 to 3 games as long as the Tigers win. I do not care what the score is . I am happy we are 4-0 .
    Now onto the VOLS !!!! I am headed into Vol; Nation just looking and being real nice . I have been to Sabanville , and Bobby Joe says his Bama team will beat this Tiger team 63 -0 He has already put up the you tube of the bad call we got last year and posted "Tiger fans get over it . It will happen again this year ." He has also posted that the LSU fans are the biggest Crybabies in the football world . After today I am thinking he maybe right . Hey Admin ,can you get us all a free crying towell, that has
    "THE LSU CryBaby Club " on it ??
    GEAUX TIGERS !!!!

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I hoe so, too.

All of them.

We may never know.

Why don't you just tell us something about Tennessee, Sully. We know you for a Tennessee fan for about 10 years now. We're actually playing Tennessee this week. What gives?

8. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I'm not sure what this is based on. Because Hanagriff got that impression one time in practice? None of us know for sure. What I do know is Crowton is responsible for the development of QBs, and we have two guys who look like they've spent half a season in the program instead of 2+ years. What I also know is when those QBs have been given opportunities to make big plays, extend drives, and show leadership, they've come up very short time and time again. To be honest I don't blame Les for emphasizing the run and clamping down on those empty backfield sets with all deep routes and no dumpoff back. Whether he does that to the extent of having a set list of plays to "handcuff" Crowton, I'm not so sure of. My feeling is he sets the preference for playcalling and leaves it to Crowton to make things happen, maybe directly overriding him on occasion.

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Why the hell put Lee in at all if he's just going to play one series? That is asinine!

Are you seriously worried about JJs psyche? His psyche has been cultivated for three years, to no avail. Try a different tact, our current method is failing miserably.

1. I'm here to testify that we have a damn strong team in many facets of the game. Unfortunately, we're going to have a sub-100 rated offense if things continue as they are. My degree of outrage is unwarranted? The QB situation has been handled terribly for three years; it is frankly unacceptable. 3.75 million a year for <100 passing yards per game? BS.

2. If we don't have a top quality QB on the roster, PLAY THEM BOTH. Show some ingenuity. Exhaust all possibilities. What we are doing now isn't good for JJ, it isn't good for JL, and it isn't good for LSU.

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Miles spelled it out after the game. He wants Jefferson in the game because he likes JJ's ability to run the ball. That is what Miles wants. Crowton doesn't get a pass, he hasn't developed sht, but playing JJ and nothing but JJ is all Miles (it fits his profile, doesn't it?)