Miles is to blame for our offense (Crowton is hamstringed)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Sep 26, 2010.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I wish I believed that JL will see the field next week. I just don't. We should have seen him against WV. I'm not looking for JL outside of mop-up duty, if we are fortunate enough to be in that position.

2. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Makes a lot of sense. I just can't understand why Miles would potentially jeoparize his job by sticking with something that just doesn't work.

:geauxtige

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'm not sure anyone can "understand" why, but you better believe he will ride JJ off into the sunset regardless of the outcome. I hope J. Lee is working his tail off in the classroom, graduates and pulls a masoli on us. It is the only way the kid will get to play. What sort of shape will we be in then? Screaming for the walk on to hit the field.

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

With the status quo LSU can still win 8-9 games. The offense is such a cluster I don't think there's much of anything that can be done this season to improve it, nor is it Miles' M.O. to make major mid-season changes even if he could. With that record Les will be safe this year and can make OC and other changes as he sees fit at season's end. If we end up getting Mettenberger and Rivers, it's a great opportunity to start over and plan for the future, while salvaging what we can of Jefferson and Lee.

5. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Listen, as much as I want to see Lee in the game, putting Jefferson back in on the final drive was the correct decision!

Every single person in the stadium knew LSU was going to run the ball. Putting Jefferson in gives that one SMALL chance (in the defense's head) that Jefferson could keep the ball and run it.

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Based on what all of us have witnessed thus far this season, it is apparent that JJ just doesn't have it. Not sure if he ever did. We can all blame who we want, but the bottom line is the offensive woes start and stop with JJ's inabilities.

Here's my thought though, I would bank money on that there isn't a team on our schedule that we can't beat. I don't believe there is a team left on our schedule that will score more than 17 pts against our D. The problem is that against those same teams, Bama, Auburn, Ark, and FL our O won't score more than 17 pts with JJ at the helm. At least, not the way he is playing right now. We could try to jam it down opponents throats with our run game, but I don't think it is strong enough to carry the O against those 4 opponents.

The bottom line is, and we all should take note, that this team is 4-0. It is 4-0 against 4 BCS opponents of which 2 were ranked. No one else in the country can say that. We could have it much worse. We could be Texas and have lost to UCLA. We could be UF or OU and be struggling against lesser opponents. We could be UGA and be 1-3 with 3 SEC loses. We aren't and that, whether be by luck or talent, is the most important thing.

This team has the potential to be as dangerous, if not more, than any team in the country. We, Miles, just needs to find a way to get consistent play out of our QB. Whether it be JJ or JL makes no difference to me, because our run game isn't strong enough to score enough points, and eventually our D and ST won't be able to pull it out for us. Miles it is time, time for a change, and I believe it starts with JJ. Give JL a chance, he could very well be the missing link to spark this offense.

This, of course, does not excuse the 100+ yds in penalties that killed us for most of the game. Nor does it excuse the WR's for having stone hands. There are just as many positives to discuss as there are negatives. It is time for Miles to, at least, take action against the biggest glaring negative. I would love nothing more than to come to this board, or read the articles following a game and not have to see one thread discussing "Fire Miles Now", the O sucks, Gary Crowton is worthless, etc etc.

The answer isn't to fire Miles, as there is enough evidence that this team is improving. Improving to the point of being one of the most dominant teams in the country. If we can just get consistent play from our QB, GC calls a game with just a little bit of imagination, Billy G. works on these dang receivers and gets them to catch the damn balls, and the D and ST keep playing lights out we will be lights out.:geaux: :LSU231: LSU!

7. eodaigle

eodaigle Freshman

You hit the nail on the head, Miles ruined a true freshman JL and now has two players with head problems---the nail--too damn stubborn.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

This sums up the situation as well as any comment I've seen. If individual components of the team are breaking down in the process, you've got to address it with the guy in charge of that component. But so long as the final result is victories, Les Miles will be the head coach.

9. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

And our offense was pretty good when Miles was "hamstringing" Jimbo Fisher. Listen to BYU fans, Oregon fans, and Bears fans - it's Crowton!

10. Ahab the Arab

Ahab the Arab Veteran Member

While I don’t like either one of them but I don’t believe Miles is hamstringing Crowton. However, I do blame Miles for hiring that loser and then for refusing to fire him.