Miles is to blame for our offense (Crowton is hamstringed)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

I don't think either QB is worth a crap and JJ is a better runner than JL. I think they are both equal in passing ability. Who do you choose - one who runs and can't pass or one who can't run and can't pass. That is where I'm at. We need to recruit a QB or get one from a lower division.

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Is that what he did to the co-def. coord's a few years back when our defense bit? once we got a new DC, and improved talent, we are lights out. if CLM was to blame for the poor defense, as you are now saying about the offense, then give him credit for how good our defense and STs are now.

Bottomline, I think it is CGC to blame directly, but Miles ultimately. It's CGC's offense, I promise you. When the OC is finally changed, QBs are coached up, and our offense starts to click, all the while CLM still being the HC, then you and others will see how bad CGC was and how much talent he allowed to go to waste.

3. Ahab the Arab

Ahab the Arab Veteran Member

I agree, this team on offense is shooting itself in the foot in that it is making drops of easy passes and then committing stupid untimely penalties leaving unmanageable 3rd down and Crowton. Hence, we could go to a 10 QB system and our offense would still be awful. Until the coaches start enforcing some kind of discipline in this offense, it will always continue to struggle.

4. Ahab the Arab

Ahab the Arab Veteran Member

It would help tremendously too if we didn't have an incompetent OC screwing them up.

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Exactly.

Also, if Miles gave CGC a limited # of plays to consider in the gameplan, why would he allow one of them to be an option play that has never and will never, under this current personnel, work? Even CLM knows that play sucks. I have to believe that.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm not saying Crow has no blame, because he does, but he and Miles are oil and water. all i am saying is that nothing happens on offense without the stamp of approval by Miles. I don't think that happens on Defense.

7. Kliee

Kliee Founding Member

When Crowton was hired... some people thought he was the best thing since slice bread. However, many of the places he left said the same thing... Fire him after 3 years. Looks like we kept him a little longer than we should have. I feel the issue with our offense is the lack of identity. Can anyone tell me what style offense do we run? When you look at other teams you see that for example: Alabama - Power Run; Florida - Spread... etc. When I look at our offense I am dumbfounded on what type of offense we run.

With Ridley in the backfield maybe we should try a Power I offense with a couple of hitches when needed (Pistol, Shotgun, 5 Wide... etc.). But why do we continue to put the ball in the hand of a QB that obviously can't handle it. Coker... oops I mean Miles needs to make a change at OC or he maybe making a change of address.

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

The shine has most definately worn off.

9. Kliee

Kliee Founding Member

Most definately... :wink:

10. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Something I talked about here summer of 2009.Know what I was told. We give it to Charles Scott and let slam it into the Dline that was the identity. Seriously.
    The stupid idiot thought because it worked against some BFE school that LSU could win a SEC championship with that crap.

You are correct by the way. The cord should have been cut on Crowton long ago, but Les is going to ride his pony until he falls over dead.