Miles = Jacques Clouseau!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FirstCoastTiger, Oct 3, 2010.

1. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger

I finally figured out the way I have been feeling. Les Miles is driving me crazy just like Jacques Clouseau drove Chief Inspector Dreyfus right into The insane asylum. He drove him crazy because - despite his incredible incompetence - he was always successful at catching the bad guy.

So I am sitting in bed this morning, drinking coffee and trying make any kind of sense of how we won that game yesterday.

I mean do we practice a 2-minute offense??? Oh yeah, yeah we do! Here it is right here in the paper who quotes our center T-Bob Hebert in what LSU was trying to do at the end of that game....

Hebert never knew what the play was. But he knew he had to do something, so with about three seconds left he launched a shotgun snap that sailed past Jefferson. All he could do was fall on the ball at the 19 as time expired.

“The Ole Miss game was ingrained in my head,” Hebert said. “I just thought snapping it would give us a chance.”
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yeah, that's it! Just snap the ball...snap the ball....that will give us a GREAT CHANCE to win! Yeah Les - that's the strategy! Just don't tell your players anything and then let the chaos theory work yet again in your favor!

Oh God my eye is twitching and I am laughing nervously just like Chief Inspector Dreyfus as I am typing this.....I will not make it through this season at this rate! Oh yeah, BTW, I live in FLORIDA....FLORIDA....this is going to be one hell of a week.

2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Unbelievable. That's what I took from that incredible ending. miles/crowton did what they did, but whether JJ had one play in mind or 12, you would have thought snapping the ball and getting a play off would have been a priority. With three seconds left and your team feeling the last seconds ticking away, the QB was mentally and emotionally in victory formation. There are no words or excuses that could explain why you don't call for the ball to be snapped when your the only one who must do it.

3. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger