Miles on the Boot...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Nov 24, 2010.

1. tyf69

tyf69 Founding Member

I think whoever loses the game should have to take that ugly a$$ trophy
    home

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Let's just say it was a response to a stupid question.

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Nah, I think Miles was implying that he wanted to go to the Boot and drink beers with you and all the other Greenie Weenies After he comes back from his pig hunt.

(CS is the Boot stiil there? I remember going in once, but not coming out :rofl:)

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

All we need now is for him to throw in an 'R-Kansas' ot two and we'll be all set.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I am not complaining I think its great, I have always thought Miles was a good fit for us.
    PLus he is 61-16, I cannot think of a better fit than that.

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

pretty sure CS "came out" a long time ago

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

That old pickle kissing, salami smuggler :hihi:

8. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Thanks for the inspiration! This post inspired the offering (below) that I posted separately on the main page:

I have a want to weigh in on the upcoming R-Kansas game. CLM is an outstanding coach; with all the questionable coaches out there it's great to have an honest man who really loves his Team. Sure, he's quirky, but he IS "The Most Interesting Coach in the World!" I look forward to him stepping on the field. He gives us some thrill. And, we might go for things more this year, and likely less. This is a game that has been looming on the horizon for some time. Oh, of course, everyone has his spin and analysis of what might happen, but the one thing about football is that if they didn't play games, no one would want to play it--that's why they play the games!

My head hurts during Les' press conferences, but I love listening to him because, unlike some other coaches, Les has a genuine love of the game and of his players and I think there is a real strong want to on a game-by-game basis to want to give back to this state and to the south. That may be the reason. It may not be the reason.

We need a less predictable game plan and we have to keep Mallett off-balance; I think it's not that we have to do it differently, but that you have to do it with great approach. The Boot Game is clearly a tradition between LSU and the Razorbacks, and you can be sure that they are going to hand someone a trophy with champion on it after the game and we want it.

Saturday's Recipe for the offense? Fundamentals, boys! We're at our best when we are throwing and catching. That's the best recipe for us on offense. And be aware that each Saturday, certainly victory is something that is ultimately important to play for. It won't be easy, though; they've got players on the field too! They will still attack you, not only vertically, but up the middle and with width. So, there!

Psychologically, LSU will have to demonstrate to Arkansas that we will finish the game and have the opportunity to take an opponent and remove any opportunity of victory that they might have. That's how you win football games in the SEC! Our colors run true, and our team enjoys when the purple and gold files into a stadium that we are playing in. It puts fear into the hearts of our opponents--and their fan base too!

LSU has had a great run this season and has a great opportunity to cap it off with a beat-down of the Hogs. It's fun to prepare for big games, and this will have that. We want to play teams that challenge us, 'cause any time you play a real quality opponent, the match is the key. Physically, I think that we are there, peaking at the right moment, and I think there are times that your mental energy is a little greased and ready to roll. You may believe that I have a false sense of this season's momentum but I certainly enjoy the fact that in any regard the finish is there.

I was in Death Valley for the 'Bama game and I don't know that I'll forget that memory. What a great moment it was! Saturday's game in Little Rock will also have great portent for LSU. The TV cameras will be there too, and certainly, we will appreciate the national media that will surround this game. I can tell you that I really don't care, because I can't make it to Little Rock this weekend, but it's we, the fans & coaches of LSU, who appreciate the outstanding dedication of our Team. I enjoy watching good college football, and I think certainly that's what will be played this Saturday. The good news is that we are in a similar situation that we were just in.

During games I cannot attend, I display my LSU Tigers paraphernalia, showcasing my banners for greatest effect. I use spot lighting throughout, but
    whether the light switch is on in every room or not, I'm not certain, but I can tell you that most of the house is lit! That's the way I like it! I like lights! All that light shouldn't go to waste, though. I don't read books, but if I read books, it would be like reading a book--but I do read the Sports Section of the Arizona Republic!

If you've read this far, you deserve a word about me! The only thing that I can tell you is that I am relatively honest and somewhat deceptive. I try to contribute to these Forums with pithy comments, humor, and--unlike some--never with derogatory commentary. I'm no sportswriter, and I am not a great football tactician, but I love the game at the College level. Besides, I'm not looking for a job, don't want a job. I've got a great job. I'm a gynecologic/cosmetic surgeon; I operate all the time. But, I've got to be honest with you; I've never operated with expectations. Every time I operate on a patient I think about my hands being guided by the Almighty; I say to myself, "I hope like heck that he's available this week. I suspect not." As surgeons, we don't sustain finishing second very well.

I doubt that Les was talking about breast implants that day, but I admire his spirit: "They don't do a lot, but what they do they do very well."

GEAUX TIGERS! BEAT THE HAWGS!