Miles or Crowton?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUtiger327, Oct 4, 2010.

?

Clock management. Whose fault?

1. Miles

27 vote(s)
    55.1%
  2. Crowton

22 vote(s)
    44.9%
  1. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

Crowton is responsible for poor play calling (not giving Ridley the ball sooner). Even though Miles has veto power, I don't expect him to exercise that power with the clock ticking down.

However, clock management is entirely the responsibility of the head coach. Miles needs to communicate with Crowton and make sure they have a plan for the final sequence of downs. Miles has shown many times that he's totally clueless when it comes to clock management. "LSU needs to hire someone to manage the clock/time outs" has been a running joke on here for how many years, now?

2. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

I would go with Crowton. Our offense has been horrible for to long. Les isn't safe in my book but ill put it this way, LSU would be a better team without Crowton and with Les, then Crowton without Les.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

C: Jordan Jefferson
    D: All of the above.

D clearly

4. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

pretty much how i feel but am a little surprised about the overwhelming sentiment against les and not so much for crowton.

i think the people that think les is actually involved in play to play play calling and clock management are fooling themselves.

but it's his restaurant, if he has a crappy chef he has to get rid of him, grab an apron, or give the chef's hat to someone else.

when alleva made miles keeep crowton (errrrrr allegedly) miles should've have made a move at that time to make sure crowton would keep his job but never call a play again. many including me thought that's what was going on when they brought in gonzales. but it didn't happen. that's on les.

5. Berge

Berge Founding Member

I want an answer that says every single paid person on the sidelines and in the booth.

6. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

are you blaming chavis for the substitution? :D

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I'd fire Crowton first. Our troubles started well before the end of the UT game. If our offense was working at 50% of its potential we wouldn't be discussing this and we would have been glad to let the clock run out being up 21 points or so.

I am so dissappointed R. Shep has pretty much been non-existent and a defensive player has the most TD's.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

How is clock management not the head coach's fault BY DEFAULT?

I can't remember ever witnessing an OC calling timeout for a team.

By default, the head coach is in supreme control of the situation at hand.

Or at least should be (that obviously doesn't apply to LSU).

9. Kliee

Kliee Founding Member

Wait we had a timeout???? :yelwink2:

10. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Wow, this poll is pretty split. IMO, Crowton is the one who should go. If we need better play calling and QB training, then perhaps a change there is all that really needs to happen. It seems to me that clock management is a mix of responsibility between both, but the play caller needs to be ready with the next play at all times. It's probably a GOOD thing Miles was the one who called the final play... if Crowton had called it, there is no telling what would have happened.