Miles' Post Game Presser

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Sep 21, 2014.

1. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

AS the article says ... both of the future offers are to duel threat QBs. I remember another article where CLM said the duel threat is the future of college football.

No doubt, a duel threat who can throw is a wonder to behold. Harris has that kind of arm. OTOH, a duel threat who is just an average or below average passer is just hype, .. is no threat at all, IMAO.

2. west_tex_tiger

west_tex_tiger Founding Member

Really, let's fire the successful head coach and bench the starting QB after a loss... That's not exactly ground breaking analysis or very original either lol. Fortunately, many posters are more evolved..

TigerTap likes this.
  3. west_tex_tiger

I hear you, but I think it's reasonable to expect that he might improve with more experience. Frankly, I would expect Harris to be green and make mistakes also given extended playing time. I expect both of these kids are gonna get better with time. I just think it's early to write either one of them off. If Harris gets the start in the next game and is shaky, I'm not gonna write him off either. Now if guy actually regresses in his junior season, then I think it's time to write him off...

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

1. I said football, not only college

2. You have never seen/heard me clamor for saban to come back, don't think that just because I am not a fan of Ya boy Les that I am one of "them"

5. west_tex_tiger

No, I think you'd have to say Saban is a better coach. Possibly others. But what matters to me is who is LSU likely to get that's an improvement. I think if he left, we'd be lucky to maintain the same level of success we've had in past decade. I'm not sure how old you are, but I'm old enough to remember the 90's and it wasn't pretty. If we run Miles off and get the wrong coach to replace him, it might take another decade just to get back to where we are now..

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

saban built this era of LSU football. we all hate the loathsome bastard but some peoples denial knows no bounds.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This is a sad existence. You do realize that every coin has two sides right? We could also do a lot better.

8. west_tex_tiger

Saban was the original architect who re-built the program to a powerhouse in 5 years. No argument on that point.

But Miles has continued the success for over 9 years. He deserves credit for his contribution. It's just as silly to ignore that Miles has been one of the most successful college coaches of the past decade as it is to ignore Saban's contribution to turning the program around.

Of course everyone's entitled to their opinion, but mine is that the guy should be respected for the job he's done. Hell, he frustrates me too sometimes, but he's been a damn successful coach and has represented LSU well. Some posters seem to think he's a bum that should be run out of town, but I think we should be careful what we wish for. LSU was a 2nd rate SEC also ran in the 90's and could be again if we run him off and hire the wrong person. Hiring a coach is not as easy as some might think. Everyone said Texas could hire anyone they wanted, and they got Charlie Strong. Not a bad coach, but is he elite? LSU isn't any better of a job than Texas, and we think every coach in America is gonna beg to come here? Probably not gonna work like that..

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  9. tirk

not record wise. well, maybe this years but not overall. thats the conundrum. bring in a better coach but lose more games? that happens when you break up the foundation of a major program often times. the collateral damage is often not factored in. do you get greedy or do you accept averaging 10.5 wins a year. I choose neither. Whatever that means.

ParadiseiNC and StaceyO like this.
  10. tirk

the problem is its hard to respect an idiot. I just cant do it, by nature. Same way GWB and Obama deserve the respect of their offices, i still see them as absolute morons. Nothing will change that. I respect Les as a man but not much as a coach. I dont respect Saban as a person. Life is too short to be that miserable. I wouldnt want him back because miserable people make everyone else miserable, even in good times.

ParadiseiNC, StaceyO and shane0911 like this.