Miles' Post Game Presser

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Sep 21, 2014.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

as hard as this may be to believe, it is fact.

ParadiseiNC and StaceyO like this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Don't waste your time, amigo. These two don't have a clue what they want. They just like to bitch about Les.

See what I mean.

LSUDad and TigerTap like this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Are you on crack?

GregLSU likes this.
  4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

In your dreams

tirk likes this.
  5. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

1 game and folks are ready to go fishing for a new coach?????

Quit saying "all that talent on this team" and look at the players on the other teams.

They have really talented players too. And great coaching staffs.

And in this league, if you don't play well for 4 quarters, you can get beat nearly every Saturday in conference play.

State has a good team. A real good team. Damn. It's about time.

Maybe this is their year?

ParadiseiNC and LSUTiga like this.
  6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Some of us were responding to a hyptothetical scenario posed in another thread.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Oh no, it is a quite a few games and as far as I can tell its just me. There may be a few stragglers bringing up the rear I'm not sure but I for one just can't take him anymore.

8. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

I've been critical of Les in the past and, quite frankly, I still am. Time management, awful. His philosophy is old and antiquated. He is stubborn. Loyal to a fault. Never develops QBs. Won't make moves until it's too late. The list goes on and on.

Unfortunately, unless you get a couple of 4 or 5 loss seasons in a row, he isn't going anywhere. You can't fire guys for winning 80% of his games. Other than Bama, who has had a better 10 years than LSU?? Probably nobody. Les recruits well and is a good ambassador for LSU. IMO, there are lots of coaches who could win at LSU, but you can't really go there unless he just totally melts down, which I don't see happening. The thing about his style is because LSU has better talent probably 8 games a year, at least, running the ball on 1st and 2nd down and a bubble screen on 3rd down is probably enough. Unexciting. Unlikely to result in a lot of undefeated or 1 loss teams(which is, most seasons, what it's gonna take in the SEC), but not bad enough to get rid of him.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  9. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

And this stuff about Saban's record at LSU vs Miles is ridiculous. Saban built a program almost from the ground up. Before Saban, good seasons for us were playing in the Independence Bowl. Miles took over an established power. Yes, he has kept it near the top, so he deserves credit for that, however, Saban's record at LSU would certainly be better had he stayed and most people, me included, thinks his record would be significantly better than Miles.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Did Miles address the defense in this presser and that turn style we call our DTs and middle linebacker?