Miles' Post Game Presser

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Sep 21, 2014.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

well stated.

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Can you give me 4 coaches, you'd like to replace Les with? 4 names.

3. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Dad, I will go ahead and tell you.... the 4 names you're going to get are PIPE DREAM names.

Les has done a great job since he's been here. If folks want to credit the previous coach, they can. But that only holds true for the first couple of years.

Les has continued to recruit with the best of them. We've been in almost every game he's coached, minus 3-5.... going on 10 full seasons.

And who gets the credit for the 2011 team? That team was 1 game away from being considered 1 of the best teams in CFB history.

Les took his lumps in '08 and '09 but righted the ship. A mediocre coach would have never gotten us even close to the top.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'm sure if you go back through the pages you will find names. Those change because of new hires and new fires. It really doesn't matter. We have played this game before and it is like I said, whatever name is tossed out you guys jump on it like a pack of wolves and find any skeleton he may have in a closet somewhere and say "Oh NO Can't have that guy" I'm sure as the year progresses there will be a list of folks that are available and the resident idiot isn't going anywhere anyhow. Check back with me in December.

On a side note, and not saying that he is on the list but I wouldn't balk at it, I think this is Mike Gundy's last year at O state. Lots of stuff going on up here and it is easy to see he is not happy where he is. Figured in the coaching circles that you run in that would be a good bit of info to have.

5. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

Geaux Les!!!!

LSUDad likes this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Gundy would do good to stay right where he is.

7. shane0911

Could be, but he has flirted with offers in the past and I think this year he bolts

LSUDad likes this.
  8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Yeah. Right.

P&G_wheelz007 likes this.
  9. shane0911

Well its true, I know I have tossed out names before, in fact Gundy was one of them at that time. Like I said, it doesn't matter. The buffoon is here and we couldn't run him out of town with an infantry division. Just some day dreamin is all. Wishin waiting.

10. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Les Miles has a better winning percentage (80%) at LSU than: Ara Parseghian (75%), John McKay (76%), Darrell Royal (76%), Vince Dooley (72%). These men are all in the CFB Hall of Fame. Ten seasons is not a small sample size for Miles.

Take a closer look at the careers of these coaches. You'll see a lot of 3 and 4-loss seasons - then an occasional breakthrough campaign. This is natural. It is extremely hard to put it all together and have that dream season - even for the historically great coaches.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darrell_Royal#Head_coaching_record
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ara_Parseghian#Head_coaching_record
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_Dooley#Head_coaching_record
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McKay_(American_football)#Head_coaching_record

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014