Miles praises Michael Ford, and apologizes for.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 29, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Takes lots of character to man up and publicly admit you were wrong.

3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

True, but I'm more concerned with what steps he's taking to right the wrong.

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

One of the many things that I like about Miles is not only does he admit when is wrong, he has shown that he looks for, what he believes is the best most viable solution. The 2 headed monster for D coordinators, major f – up, correction John Chavis and entire new defensive coaching asst’s. Offense not producing, hmmm let me see how I can fix this, well they won’t let me get rid of Gary because of the cost and the public perception behind that, so I will bring in a new WR coach/passing coordinator coach, Gonzales, to help him out. We will see if this correction fix’s the offense like the correction on D has begun to fix it.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

This actually makes a lot of sense. I still don't think that it completely justifies him not seeing the field more, but I can certainly understand the dilemma.

6. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Agreed, I'm impressed with the steps he's taken so far with Gonzales and his assertiveness with emphasizing the run. I still worry about other tendencies, though. Both of those corrections came after the season was over. One thing that has been lacking is making gameday and midseason adjustments when the game plan isn't working. I don't know if that's a Crowton or Miles thing, and I'm not suggesting hasty decision-making, but sticking to the script regardless of prior performance and what the opposition throws at you generally doesn't yield positive results. Time will tell how the postseason moves translate on the field, but I think most people will be happy to see steady improvement as the season progresses instead of the stagnation we've seen the last few years.

1 person likes this.
  7. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I don't think he'd publicly admit he was wrong if he didn't have at least some type of plan to fix the problem. I'm not sure if I read the same article that was posted by lasalle, but I did read one and he didn't pass the buck. I like that. He's good for LSU. :milesmic:

8. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

PLEASE let the o-line be improved from last year. I would love to see a few double-100 yard games from Murphy/Ridley/Ford and Shep.

9. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

It shows character on Miles part to admit the wrong. Judging from past seasons, I don't doubt the issue will be fixed. Hopefully, that fix doesn't involve RS trying to play at the position he is weakest at, but only time will tell.

10. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Based on the Spring Game I think we will see a lot of positive changes on O. I do think we will see a lot more of Shepard this year. With an emphasis to get him touches at WR and RB. Miles has always been very honest with whats going wrong with the team. Its just to see changes. Which for the last two years every week we heard the "right" things being said, we just didnt see it on the field. With his back against the wall I think he will pull out all the stops. I also think the team will show some pride and fight hard. LSU is getting a lot of negative press which I think might help fuel the fire. Im sure Miles will use it all. I cant wait for the start of the season.