Miles praises Michael Ford, and apologizes for.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Great post.
    If espn would stop showing their celebrations, maybe that would help stop it. They are the first ones to celebrate the players celebrations.

2. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

If coaches had the courage to suspend players for a couple of games for doing this we would forget all about this "rule" or its enforcement. I think it's appropriate for teammates to run to each other and congratulate(very briefly), but each year it seems to go beyond that. Perhaps the ambiguity of the rule will enable some discipline where the coaches obviously do not.

If I never see another player throwing a flip into the endzone, it will be too soon.

3. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

It is easy to admit your mistakes after you sit down and study where you went wrong. The game of football does not give coaches 4 months to realize where they made mistakes. CLM can not make changes during a game (or manage a clock) This is a serious problem.

1 person likes this.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What is it that you want? He got caught without his kicking team ready, admitted it, says it won't happen again, and has taken additional steps to remedy it (Gonzales on the sidelines). Easy or not, he's saying and doing the right things and being up front about it.

5. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

I think it was H.L Mencken who commented that the only thing people like more than building up our leaders is tearing them down.

Miles gave us three exceptional years on the playing field and five solid recruiting years with the current class looking like it may be at least his second best recruiting class.

When we win on the field, Miles gets the credit (at least from most of us) and his chaotic speaking style and questionable game decisions are mostly ignored. Fans, like me, asked what it means to be a leader and we applauded Miles CEO approach in hiring good assistants and giving them autonomy. We know the last two years all too well and while most of us are still on-board with Miles, it sure is tempting to start picking him apart and analyzing his speaking style as a symptom of someone in over his head. Fortunately, at least I tell myself, the people who know Miles much better than almost of us fans will ever know him, the recruits and players do seem to be sold on him. The early success with our current recruiting class verifies this.

So to answer Red's question, "What is it that you want?" I want a good year on the field and go back to what we like second best, building up our coach and let some other fan base have the most fun of tearing down their coach.

3 people like this.
  6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

add to that, dan is a ull fan. that should tell you something.:rolleye33:

7. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

Sunlight? LOL:rofl:

8. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

It's pretty refreshing you don't know what he meant by that "Darker" statement...unless you're being sarcastic.

But in case you need help, what does Baton Rouge have a lot of that Denham...and Walker...and even Prairieville do not? Hint...LSU's football roster is filled with them...

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

It's not so much refreshing that Tiger Tap doesn't think like Danthetigerfan as it is a shame and an embarrassment that Danthetigerfan (and others) think like that.

LSU's roster is filled with lots of dignified young people that are products of good families, by the way. Each of us ought to take the time to reflect on our own dignity and that of our families more often...as well as what dignity really means and what is its source.

It's a shame that Dan should make fun of the light. Maybe it's time to read John again and came out of the dark.

1 person likes this.
  10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Democrats? :grin:

1 person likes this.