Miles press conference explanation

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ellis Hugh, Nov 23, 2009.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Yes, I noticed. It was his worst game.

2. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

In trying to look at this entire episode from a positive point of view, maybe it's a good thing that Saturday's debacle took place. Maybe, just maybe, it forces CLM to think about things from a different perspective and to learn from it. Game and clock management, the offense, etc. He's not a dummy, and maybe he just needed a kick in the rear.

I'm sure no one feels worse about this than him. He can't afford to dwell on it like us fans do. He has to get the team ready for another big conference game. Personally, I think he is up to the task, and we will see improvement, and hopefull a nice win vs Arky, then another nice win in whatever bowl we go to.

Maybe my thinking is too "pollyanna" but I want to try and see some light instead of the dark cloud of the past two days...

:geauxtige

2 people like this.
  3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I hope you are right. He has certainly proven to be in the past.

4. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Ya know, this may be the post of the day right here.

I know it's just a game, but usually something tragic has to happen before corrections are made.

Sort of like that pot-hole in the road. Everyone knows it's there. Everyone talks about it, but no one does anything until someone gets really hurt.

Maybe Les will work really hard at clock/game management.

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

5. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

This is the most intelligent thing I have read in this forum in quite a while. The loss to Ark last year forced his hand. Last year it was the defense, this year it is the offense. I don't know what changes have to made, but it appears that the offense is not well coached. It seems that everyone agrees that we have too much talent to have such a poor performing offense. If the Crowton has to go, then so be it.

I support CLM. Yes, I clearly saw the mistakes he made, but I still support him. It was 45 years from the first NC to the second in 03, just 4 years till the next one. He deserves our support for that. He deserves our support for the 50 wins. He deserves to prove that he can pull this program back to an SECCG in the next 2 years!

GEAUX TIGERS!

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

he gave a pretty decent and thorough apology and explanation. trying to get the 12 man penalty is something we didnt know and makes some sense, but all these people involved that have been in fball their whole life (and im including the players) didnt realize that they would still get the penalty if a play was run?

the real question remaining is if the team is going to play hard Sat.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

i think you will see a team that will blow Arky out. I think they have more pride than what they showed against Ole Piss.

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i hope youre right. because arkansas will bring it. they want the cotton. not sure our boys know the difference between the cotton and the papajohns.

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

That is the million dollar question and this will probably tell about the future of Les Miles here at LSU.
    If he has lost the team this year is over and maybe next year as well but on the other hand if they play hard win or lose things can be turned around.

I didn't notice anyone mention about JJ taking a sack on that last drive.
    As much as everyone is blaming the coaches and Lafell, there was no bigger play than JJ being sacked.
    Hate to say it though, coaching issue with this guy, no way he should hold on to the ball as long as he does especially while he isn't as mobile.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

all year his pocket presence has been weak. sometimes he takes a sack because he holds on too long, but sometimes its because he doesnt step up (as in the last sack against OM). black made it obvious, too, that he was exasperated.

im not sure i agree that was the biggest play. actually, i think that if that sack hadnt happened, lsu would have tried a 59 yd FG. the slow time out was bigger, because the same hail mary would have been called, but obviously the outcome would have been different. i dont even think clm would have messed up 1st and G from the 6 with :18 left.