Miles rumors

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Phony Moaner, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Phony Moaner

Phony Moaner Freshman

Hey group, I just heard a rumor in regards to Les Miles telling the team that he's leaving for Michigan. Supposedly comes from a good source according to a friend of mine.
    Has there been a team meeting called tonight?? And has anyone else heard anything like this??

Just don't want anything to hurt recruiting at this point.

thanks,

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Heard nothing about a team meeting tonight. Many rumors going around.

3. Phony Moaner

Phony Moaner Freshman

what are you hearing bhelm?? And what do you believe to be the case right now. will he stay, or will he go??

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Some around Miles are saying he is staying and very confident and others around Miles are saying he is going to hear UM out. Not hearing about any done deals or offers on our side or anything about serious contact between them yet.

If I hear something close to concrete I will post it but everything is moving pretty slow right now. The calm before the storm.

5. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

I think he'll stay. He has too much going for him at LSU. I'd cut my wrists if we ended up with someone like Pelini or Tubby to replace him. Patterson, Mullen or Jimbo would be homerun hires.

I'm not a huge Miles fan personally but I don't want to see him go at this point. The timing is absolutely awful for many reasons and I'm scared to see who LSU will get to replace him based on rumors...

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

This Times Picayune article says basically what Bhelm is posting.

-That there's lots of rumors
    -That there's nothing concrete
    -That Saban and Muschamp have contacted Freak Johnson
    -That the assistant coaches are on top of the recruits telling them that Miles is going nowhere.

To paraphrase Vic Schiro, former mayor of New Orleans, "Don't believe any rumors unless they come from Les Miles !!"

LSU's season is over, but the Les Miles speculation is not | NOLA.com

:popcorn:

7. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Wow...your source was a little off. At least he got the team meating part right :geauxtige

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Saban and Muschamp need to keep their grubby paws to themselves. Freak is a Tiger.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

That's typical coach speak and a common practice. If Miles had no interest he would have quickly talked to Michigan out of respect and then told them no. I don't have a feeling which way he will go but I wouldn't put any stock into assistants telling recruits that he is staying. I think it's a tough decision for Miles and he may change his mind more than once before he makes a final decision. Hopefully the reports of his family wanting to stay here are true. That could play a significant role in what he chooses to do.

10. Jester

Jester Founding Member

OK, so no one knows anything right now.

So, here is the big question for Bhelm and anyone else who might be privy to some insider knowledge:

WHEN WILL WE KNOW SOMETHING?

I was thinking that when I got online this morning that the meeting between Les and Michigan had already taken place and that bascially this morning we' either been hearing Les say that while he loves LSU, its fans, its players, etc, that he had to heed the call of his alma mater OR that even though there have been rumors surrounding the possibility of his leaving for Michigan, he and his family love it at LSU, he loves the players and his staff, and he's got a want to lead this team to another National Title, so for the forseeable future, he is the coach at LSU and he's LOVES his damn strong football team.

So, when will it be?

This afternoon?

Tomorrow?

Wednesday?