Miles should have gone Ape Sh*t!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by medtiger, Sep 16, 2006.

1. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

You kinda like to see it because you hope it has an effect on the players. There is no stopping dumb refs when they are in the process of running away with a game though.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Here is an excerpt from the 2006 NCAA rule book where it talks about a tipped ball and PI:

Note, the key word is after. That's a call that should have gone our way. I know it was a bam bam play but I don't even recall the refs who were in position even discussing it.

3. downtown

downtown Founding Member

I couldn't agee more. Miles sat there and stared for most of the game. That's nice and all that he yelled about some late hit (there were many), but he should have been going absolutely nuts on that play. Who wants to play for a coach that doesn't fight for his team when it counts the most? They would have needed to call in one of the swat teams that they sent to my hometown after Katrina hit to get me off the field and they would have had to use their stun guns to keep me off of it. That would at least let the team know that I'm out there fighting for my team while they're fighting for me. There were just too many HUGE plays taken away because of penalties and I would have lost it at that point.

Here is my question: How could they reverse an unreviewable call??? The one ref should have never been allowed to call P.I. if any of the other refs thought differently, because it was unchangeable once called. To me, once they made the initial call, that was it. They called it and it was unreviewable at that point, so it cannot be overturned.

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I recognize the PI non call was a bang-bang play. My criticism of the refs is the two who were in position to make the call or non call didn't huddle up for a second and talk about it. Are we sure it is non reviewable? It wasn't a whistle blew the ball dead play.