Miles Stats

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rex_B, Oct 15, 2010.

1. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I thought Les should have gotten serious consideration for coach of the year on 2005. Nobody came close to leading thier team to through such tough circumstances. I think if Joe Pa hadn't had his first winning season in 5 years Les might have had a good chance.

2. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

Thanks for posting Rex. Impressive is an understatement. How and the hell can anyone be unhappy with CLM?:huh:

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Les is also the only coach in recorded history who inherited a 9-3 team and went 11-2, 11-2, and 12-2 with it and then heard the media give all the credit to the former coach.

1 person likes this.
  4. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Les Miles is a winner. It may be unconventional, but he wins.

Many of these games come down to the wire, which many people say is poor coaching. "No way should UT be within 20 points of us."

Or, out of 72 games that he's coached, we've only been out of 4 or 5 of them. Some will say that's excellent coaching and recruiting.

No matter which way you look at it, Miles wins games.

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Oh absolutely there's justification for constructive critique but tons of people want him out right fired. I agree some things need to change that are holding these teams back, but imo it'd be easier and more rewarding to fire a few position coaches and an OC before we let him go. Sometimes its easy to get caught up in the emotion of these tight games and want his head but its just not realistic when you see the numbers. Why else has LSU been in constant contender talk for the SEC more so than ever over the last decade?

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

05 Georgia game, the team had just run out of gas. can't fault the man for that one. 2 hurricanes, it's amazing we made it as far as we did. Ask Miami how loaded we were that year.
    06 Florida was a turnover fest, Jamarcus stunk in that game, i will argue to this day that we had the better team.
    08 Florida at the Swamp, we were in that game until midway through the 3rd, then a Spikes pick 6 and everything went to isht.
    08 Georgia game, same thing, we were in that game until a pick six late, we were trying to play catch up, and were moving the ball on Georgia well, but once again turnovers cost us.
    08 Ole Miss, we just got our asses kicked. I have no excuses for that one.

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Wasn't that game that Russell was ineligible for and green Flynn threw a Pick 6?

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Most of this team is still very young and getting better each week, things will get alot better in '11 and '12. If they don't then yeah there's issues in the coaching.

9. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Russell played, but yeah, Flynn did throw a pick-6 late. Fourth quarter maybe. I think our biggest issue in that game was not having Addai.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think Russell got injured around halftime.