Miles thoughts after the game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu_mackey, Sep 24, 2007.

1. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

`http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=1247638&DB_OEM_ID=5200

Points of interest:

On any injuries ...
    “(Brett) Helms came out of the game for a brief period of time. He had a contusion on his elbow. We think he’ll be back for us. (Matt) Flynn is really sore. He’s managing the ankle. He’s better in the back end of this week certainly than he was for the game. Early (Doucet) is going to step up and do some more work this week. We’ll see how this week goes for him. For him, really I don’t know if we are looking at (him playing against) Tulane as much as we are the week after. Will Arnold still has some kind of infection that is really messing with him. It needs to settle down so we can start counting on him again.”

He also discusses the return game as well...

-Mackey

1 person likes this.
  2. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Hope Early is back for the Florida game at the very least.

:geauxtige

3. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I really hope he rests Flynn for the Tulane game. He needs to heal for the Florida game. Otherwise he will have limited effectiveness while still sore in the ankle. Difficult choice as you don't want him to be rusty. The other plus is that you continue to give RP more game experience to help out in the Florida game in case Flynn is still bothered by the ankle injury.

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

We only want RP to be helping in the Florida game, we dont need him to be starting. Remember JR vs Florida? With all his skills it was still a disaster. Play Flynn one or two series at most against the green puke then sit him and let RP unload on them.

5. TigerN.L.A.

TigerN.L.A. Founding Member

I think RP is much better than Flynn.

6. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I haven't seen anything to say he's MUCH better. However, I don't think the coaches would start their second best QB against the most important foe of the season. So if Flynn starts, even hurt, that's saying something about practice and off-field matters.

On the field, however, I think RP has looked very promising. I worry about Hatch. He's completely unproven at this point and if Flynn busts his ankle for good on the turf in the dome, and RP is a flop, then what?

Lot's of ifs. But hell, what else are we gonna talk about this week?

7. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Of course. Just like Jamarcus Russell was "much better" than Marcus Randall. Then JR promptly goes out and throws 2 picks against Florida and we're in the hole 14-0. I think I'll reluctantly side with the coaches on this one and stick with Flynn. :dis:

8. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

while i see where you're going with this and while i think it's unfair to say that RP is better than MF, JR was much better than randall.

9. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Of course JR was a much better player but the point is Randall was a senior and JR was a redhsirt freshman. Flynn is our 5th year guy. We need him starting against Florida. RP will play but we dont lay the entire game on his shoulders. Flynn is better prepared at this point.

1 person likes this.
  10. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

We have two great QB's any other team would start. Let's keep playing them both. I pity any DC having to prepare for our offense. Do you think South Carolina's defense knew what play we were gonna run at any time? I love it!
    It's the only time in my life time that we totally out coached and out played a Steve Spurrier team. :thumb::lsup::geauxtige:lsup: