Miles to get an in house with Myers?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TwistedTiger, Jan 26, 2005.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Two recruiting articles here neither very positive but one does mention that tonight or thursday Miles and other LSU assistants are to visit Meyers. With the late coaching change and low number we can sign a top 25 class would be pretty good for Miles IMO, next year we will get to see if he can recruit or not.

Recruiting article link

Recruiting article #2 link

2. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

I saw some heavy criticism of Glenn Guilbeau on another forum ... the guy is supposed to be an objective sportswriter, not a partisan fan of any school. And is anything he is reporting inaccurate? Doesn't look so to me.

3. PlaneauxTiger

PlaneauxTiger Founding Member

He did say USC was a back-to-back national champ. I'd say that's inaccurate.

4. philter

philter Founding Member

We have no chance with Myers, USC was his 'idol' team growing up. Miles should save his time and money if he has another in home scheduled.

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Here is my post on Guilbeau from another thread:

TSDude and all other Tiger faithful. I believe the article TS is referring to is an article written by Glen Guilbeau who writes for the Gannett News service. His articles also appear here in Lafayette's Daily Advertiser. He is no friend of LSU and always writes, IMHO, with a negative LSU slant. I have traded e-mails with him. For example when writing about the SEC Championship game he took some time to point out some AU players that didn't come to LSU who allegedly were recruited by us and quoted Jason Campbell as saying he didn't come to LSU because SABAN was "too businesslike." I wrote him and wanted to know what the hell LSU had to do with the topic he was writing about and why he had such a negative slant. He came back with an insult, I informed him that if he puts his words out for public consumption he should expect criticism, pointed out how well LSU has done without all these AU players and "politely" insulted him back. My point is not that we are going to the best recruiting class this year but to inform all of you to watch out for this guy and don't hesitate to call him out if he steps out of line.

Not saying his recruiting article is incorrect, I honestly don't read what the guy writes anymore. Based upon his response to my e-mail, I know that he has an axe to grind with LSU. You can tell the truth and still be negative and / or shed bad light on any situation. Guilbeau is not objective, IMHO, he is biased against LSU.

6. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Ive read that jerk's stuff in the past and he is indeed NO friend of LSU. I really wouldnt put much stock in what that wanker is writing. I hope others see through his little inuendo's and sometimes blatant aggitation attempts.

7. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I believe Miles has already had an in home with Myers so I'm not sure if he is going to go back.

8. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

We shouldn't wonder why he is no longer employed by the Advocate then...