Miles: Top-ranked SEC team deserves BCS title shot

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 15, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I was wondering when he would start his campaign. Well there we have it, Miles at his best.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Well, to be fair, alot of us were screaming Georgia didn't belong in 07. But they were definitely playing the best football at the time, but got left out of the SECCG because of an early season loss to Tennessee.

I'm going to say the circumstances are different in this case though.

3. roynav

roynav free your mind

Yea, I hear that a lot out here when I start talking about the weak schedule a lot of these teams play and how they'd get whacked in the SEC. Then Utah beating Bama comes up.

Thank Saban: the man, the myth, the legend.

4. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Listen guys .....and the ladies out there....There is no bigger LSU fan out there than I am, as much as I would LOVE to see lsu play for the title....we can not be hypocrits......I said this in 03 and so many other people did also about Oklahoma remember....." if you can not win your own conference championship, you should not be able to play for a national title".....and I still think that today. I just do not think it would be right....I say we go and play in the sugar bowl....destroy whoever is put in front of us, and prepare to battle for a national title next year. Just my feelings on it.:tigereye:

5. LaSalleAve

Yeah but aren't you allowed to change your mind about things? If the circumstances are different, shouldn't one be allowed to change their mind?

6. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

LOL...what makes the circumstance different?? Because it's LSU? My personal opinion is I do not think it's right...but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I said it in 03 and I'm still saying it, I love my tigers, but I stick by my not conference title no shot at national title......How can we HONESTLY call ourselves NATIONAL champs if were not even conference champs?

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I don't think it's "right," either, but the BCS has STILL not changed the rule to insist that a team in the title game must be the champion of their conference.

I also don't think it's "right" that Boise State and TCU can play in a cupcake-filled conference and be ranked where they are, but that's the reality.

I'd feel a lot better about LSU suiting up in Glendale than being left out and watching TCU/BSU take the field that night.

Also, basketball and baseball teams can most defnitely not win their conference, but win the NC. Not a big difference.

8. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Technically, if LSU goes 11-1 they should be in the SEC championship game, it should be the top two teams in the SEC playing for the championship.

Its not our fault that the SEC East is horrible this year. I think there should be a rule, if two teams are in the top 5 of the BCS, they take trump over East vs. West.

Not sure what to do if there is Three top 5 SEC teams, the top two in the BCS then wins the championship game placement... If we have 4 top 5 teams this late in the season, we should just quit the BCS, have our own tournament and declare ourselves World Champions!

9. LaSalleAve

Ok, if all of that madness that happens, happens.... Why not LSU? Are you saying the 2 best teams in the country shouldn't be allowed to play each other? What if the 2 best teams in the country are from the same conference? Isn't that what the BCS is about? Having the 2 best teams play?

10. khounba

khounba Founding Member

So what would they do in the case all national title contenders lose in their conference championship games. That would give the upper hand to conferences without championship games. Until every conference is required to have a championship game there should be no stipulation on having to win your conference. Plus it's absurd to assume the two best teams in the nation can't be in the same conference.