Miles: Top-ranked SEC team deserves BCS title shot

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 15, 2010.

1. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

He needs to worry less about getting into the BCS CG and worry more about how his offense is going to keep pace with Arkansas...

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It doesn't sound like he IS worried. Perhaps he has confidence in his team that many of our fans do NOT.

3. ajh1300

ajh1300 Casper Tiger

:geaux:So, why has noone touched on the subject of USC being voted the co-NC in the not so distant past? So why not LSU if they win out AND blow out who ever they play in a BCS bowl?:LSU231:

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

because the AP would have to vote us number 1. What USC got was an AP national championship. Not the BCS national championship.

My whole thing is this.

Are the 2 best teams in the country playing each other for the national title? And where is the law that says the 2 best teams in the country cannot be from the same conference? Where is the law that says only a conference champion can play for the national championship?

Show me those laws.

5. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Yeah, but good luck convincing everybody in the country that we deserve a rematch over Auburn when we already got beat by them once. I personally am against rematches in the title game.

I was against it when Michigan was lobbying for one with tOSU in '07, and I'm against it now. The only way I can advocate LSU sneaking back in the title picture is if Auburn loses to 'Bama.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

yeah but that was the right thing to do because Michigan got crushed by USC, and Ohio State got crushed by Florida. neither team deserved to be in that game.

I just have a hard time believing that just because 2 teams are from the same conference, that there is no way in hell they can be the best 2 teams in the country. That's what they are basically saying.

7. ajh1300

ajh1300 Casper Tiger

I know the AP voted USC the national co-champion. That was exectly my point without saying AP.

8. ajh1300

ajh1300 Casper Tiger

Actually I didn't agree with the AP vote in '03, and I wouln't now. I was just making a stupid comparison as a joke. LSU should not be compared to USC in any way.

9. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

But auburn may soon be able to be compared to USC soon. Have a hiesman and a national championship taken away. I hated it for Reggie because I'm a saints homer. I love USC being slammed. I hope au gets fist Fricked by the NCAA so bad they can't even give tickets away for a home game for a decade.

10. roynav

roynav free your mind

No, because its looking pretty damn likely that Auburn cheated.

No way they beat LSU without Newton.

If LSU wins out, then sadly its likely Auburn wrongly cost LSU the SEC title, but also a spot in the NC game. I'd guess there is a better than 50% chance Auburn ends up forfeiting its wins this season ("innocent until proven guilty" versus "where there's smoke, there's fire"). Unfortunately by the time the NCAA decree comes down, it will be too late to do us any good. So sometime in 2011 Tiger fans are going to wake up to the news and realize just how badly we got screwed in 2010, and Auburn's not playing by the rules cost us a potential NC.

Almost better to lose to Arkansas than have that sick feeling down the road.