Miles very safe; Saban on Hot Seat #14

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Jul 3, 2014.

1. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

the "great" state of Alabama has not been graced with corn dogs so they aren't quite sure what they smell like.

Seriously how the fuck is corn dogs an insult, I love going to the fair and getting a corn dog and it smells awesome.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't know . . . it is about the lamest taunt I've ever heard . . . with the possible exception of Hoddy Toddy. Some kind of fixation with weiner products, I suppose.

furduknfish likes this.
  3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

2008, I believe.

[​IMG]
    Let me throw a question at you...just for off-season talk.

Let's put Michigan State playing Bama's schedule for 2014. Would it be called an easy schedule?

(This question really goes back to the OP's post...but, since you mention the SEC West and being tough...)

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I like homeboy's reaction. "Okayyy...and?" Gumps trying to be funny is about as disastrous as them trying to be rational.

5. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

Called being polite in someone else's house. Can say what I want to at home. Not a difficult concept

6. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

Such vitriol.........

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That's funny, corn dog traps, pretty sad that the Alabama fans actually had to label it. I guess the one native Alabaman that knows how to spell made that.

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yep, it was originally a Nebraska thing. But I say, let them keep at it. Literally no one is offended or riled-up by it, and it makes the barners/gumps look utterly foolish...well, more foolish than just being a barner or gump.

StaceyO likes this.
  9. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

I'm gonna say something that won't be too popular around here ... and it hurts me to say it. Alabama plays a tougher schedule than most schools. Not because they do it on their own accord though. They load up the cupcakes and they fight to maintain that TN rivalry (if TN was good again it might not be so big of a thing to keep, guess we'll see sometime in the next 100 years). But no Alabama plays LSU, Auburn, and now A&M every year. That is 3 very rough opponents every year and could possibly be a harder schedule than anyone in the Big 10, Pac 12, or even Big 12.

Now do they play the same hard schedule that say LSU gets hit with? Nah, we definitely get Florida every year and they are above TN by light years. They somehow get dodged around to avoid Georgia when we get them in back to back years etc. Nobody really thinks Bama plays a fully cupcake schedule, what they are mad about is the disparity between the rotating for Bama and everyone else. Everytime there is a loophole the SEC takes that chance to take away a strong opponent from Bama's schedule and replace it with one of the weaker SEC east teams.

10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

FIFY