Miles Will Stay!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Oct 30, 2010.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

With the exception of 1 season in '07, Miles just doesn't coach with a killer instinct.

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

FIFY.

3. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Totally in agreement that Crowton & Stud need to find "other opportunities" elsewhere. If CLM replaces these two at years end I'm much more optimistic for '11 and beyond. If he doesn't, I'm gonna worry that recruiting will start to suffer due to Crowton's lackluster & underperforming offense. Rival coaches have & will continue to use that issue against LSU in recruiting and it will hurt us sooner rather than later if a change isn't made. If I was recruiting against LSU I'd sure as hell use it. As for Stud, the overall performance of the OL the last three years just doesn't cut it and it's not for lack of talent, IMO. New OC & new OL coach will fix a lot that's wrong right now. If CLM doesn't replace these two after the season he's definitely putting his own future at LSU in jeopardy. :LSU231:

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Of course he'll stay. The man is 7-1! Forget how or what transpired to get to 7-1...just know that the end result is he has 7 wins in 8 chances and his only loss was on the road against the current #1 team by a TD.

Like you said, he'll have yet another top 5 class (top 10 for sure).

The natural progression in firing a coach is:

1.) He loses game after game reguardless of level of competition (you'll never get fired for losing to the #1 team on the road or the occassional defeat to an underdog)

2.) He refuses to replace obvious weak links in his coaching staff that end up hurting your club. (we're in the beginning of THIS stage with Crowton, IMO).

3.) He has a string of players/issues that become public distraction due to poor character/behavior. (Miles has ZERO problems with running a clean program and history shows he's NOT afraid to send a problem player packing)

1 person likes this.
  5. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I agree with all of the of this except for that bit at the end of #2. That stage began two seasons ago.

6. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

Miles will stay, but when a coach allows loyalty to impact decisions that create a negative effect on the performance of his team, you have the right to ask why.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Yeah, I watched that game and saw that play too. Unfortunately, that's their head coach's offense. I believe Oregon's OC is just a figurehead, kind of like Kirby Smith is with Bama's D. Both are engaged in the game planning, but it's really the head coach's offense or D.

8. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Okay...well, for one: a lot of us were saying he wouldn't get rid of Malveto, but he did. So relax. Wait and see. I've seen enough hidden anger from him about his offensive staff lately to tell me that he'll take care of business...behind closed doors...and Crowton will leave. Miles will go on and on about what a great job he did and how he'll have "continued success" whereever he goes, and that'll be the end of it.

Second: A road loss by seven points to the best team in the country is NOT A CAUSE FOR CONCERN!!!!! It in no way means we can't beat the rest of the teams on our schedule. Especially Ole Miss. In fact, a loss to Ole Miss would be flat-out embarrasing. We don't lose there unless we just lay a COMPLETE egg and give it to them.

Alabama and Arkansas are going to be heavyweight bouts. But I don't think anybody can say for sure that we will lose...especially not based on the one loss to likely the best team in the country.