Militants mortar Israel and Israeli jets bomb Gaza...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I never said they were or they did. But it would make more sense to go after Saudi than Iraq with the obvious link here..

2. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

We did arm them as you said. But not only with weapons, with money. Not to mention we used them and then forgot about them. I wonder why they could be mad, probably b/c we are a rich and free country and Islam tells them to.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So you don't think that after we sell weapons to the Saudi's, if some radicals come along and offer them mucho cash for said weapons, they won't sell em, then turn around and just buy some more? We are both talking about the Saudi's right? They would sacrifice live babies if it was profitable.

4. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

You say that as if Saudi needs money.....they don't. You need to think on a bigger scale, my friend. And Saudi Arabia has been a LONG TIME ally in the Middle East. I mean we're talking decades. They're not about to turn on us.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It makes no sense to go after any country when the enemy is Al Qaeda. :insane:

6. red55

You really should read more geography, history, and current events. You don't know much about Saudi Arabia.

7. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Oh I thought the enemy was the Taliban, or maybe SH.. Wait is it Al Qaeda? But what about Iran?

Our country is wasting too much money and too many lives to go after some whack radical group of 100 people with no military.

And you still missed the point about them being Saudi, yet we arms deal with them, and then try to support "our friends" Israel.

Our whole foreign policy is a clusterphuck.

8. red55

Clearly you don't have any grasp of this, so I'll tell you.

The enemy is Al Qaeda, they are the only islamist group that has attacked the US. Al Qaeda is not a country, it is a small terrorist group with international connections.

We fight the Taliban because they supported Al Qaeda when they controlled Afghanistan and may do so again if they are allowed to return to power.

Iran is another Iraq--a bottomless waste of time and attention. They are no threat to the US at all. Just a windbag third-world dictator playing to his own restless population. They sit on some of the biggest oil reserves in the world, yet they squander $Billions trying to become a self-suffficient nuclear power. We ned to ignore tinhorns that thumb their nose at us, not overreact. Iran is on the verge of another revolution and all we have to do is sit back, stir the pot, and watch it happen.

Saudi Arabia is an ally, not an enemy. We have huge bases and equipment stockpiles there. Saudi money and western military power is the main stabilizing influence in the Gulf region and the only thing that has kept Iraq and Iran from expanding their influence.

We lose very few lives and spend litle money in our special ops and CIA operations against Al Qaeda in Pakistan. The waste was in ever going into Iraq at all and in trying to turn tribal Afghanistan into a Jeffersonian democracy.

Don't be foolish. The US maintains maximum control of the situation when we arm both sides! Saudi Arabia has never attacked Israel and vice versa. They have even had covert military "understandings" regarding certain Israeli military overflights of Saudi airspace to Iran and Iraq.

Not in the least, we are making huge strides in foreign affairs since the last administration managed to alienate our enemies, our friends, and most neutral parties.

9. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I don't agree with anything you said except that Iraq and Iran are bottomless waste of time.

10. red55

Just curious if you have any notion of WHY you disagree.