Militants mortar Israel and Israeli jets bomb Gaza...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I do but I don't have time to get fluffed up before an LSU game. Maybe early next week. ;)

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I know that 17 of the 21 terrorists in the 9/11 plot were Saudi's. I know that if we try to break our dependance on their oil they won't be too pleased. They care about money, not the United States.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

A good way to sow discord bewteen two allies, wouldn't you say? The point is that they were not agents of the Saudi government, they were agents of Al Qaeda.

So what? We're not going to break our dependence of foreign oil, anyway. There is not enough domestic oil to do so.

Do you want to guess where the Saudis have the bulk of their money invested? I'll give you a hint. It's the country with the most stable government, the most stable economy, low taxes, and laws designed to help the rich get richer. They care very much about the security and stability of the country where their money is.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So, if they are allies like you say, where is their military backing us in Afghanistan? Why aren't they more vocal in the arab community when it comes to Americans? Why didn't they increase oil production when we asked to help gas prices a few years ago? And how many Americans committed an act of terror against them on their soil?

5. red55

Because we haven't asked then to, Afghanistan is a NATO operation. They are not a large military anyway, they can barely defend themselves. They are backing Afghanistan with large sums of money.

Who says they aren't? We have no better friends in the Arab world than the Saudis.

They've increased oil production many times to help oil prices.

It wasn't Saudi Arabia who attacked us, Einstein.

It was Saudi dissidents exiled in Afghanistan. Al Qaeda could have used Paks, or Afghans, or Egyptians, but they wanted to try to drive a wedge between Saudi Arabia and the US, so they used Saudis.

6. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Yah b/c the dollar is real stable.. :rolleye33:

7. red55

Yes it is. It's the international currency because of that. Did you have a point?

8. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

The dollar is in the dirt and will keep heading that way if we keep the FED in power printing more money every day. Why the hell you think GOLD keeps trumping.

They would be better off with the Euro.

We won't have the reserve currency very much longer.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Wow.:dis:

10. red55

Gold goes up and down, too. I hold a lot of gold as a hedge against inflation, but in an economic collapse and a deflationary period, gold will plummet and my dollars will buy me more.

Bah. Values go up and down for any currency. But the dollar is still the most stable international currency. It's held by everybody, it trades everywhere, and it's never going to be like an African or South American currency where it takes 45,000,000 of them to buy a cup of coffee. The dollar is the worst currency in the world, . . . except for all the others.

Don't take my word for it.

No Euro on the list. And the small-country currencies ahead of the US Dollar don't exist in the quantities needed to become an international currency.