Military Budget

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Nov 15, 2010.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

i am not disputing what you say, i am agreeing with you that you are a truther that believe our government murders its own citizens. it would stand to reason that you would hate military spending if that spending is used to aid our enemies and kill americans.

i am not simply tossing around labels, i am quoting you when i say that our government is "in bed with" al queda.

i am not interested in your articles. i am interested in what you believe and why you believe it. i suspect i already understand you completely, because i am vastly smarter than you, but yunno, it is nice to help everyone else understand.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You really don't know much of anything do you? Yes we were allies with obl when he and his clan were fighting the ruskies in the moutains. The reason he has turned on us and wants his "revenge" is because we left him and his clan high and dry in those same mountains.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Beginning. They have no naval tradition at all and nothing like a blue-water navy. Yes, I know that China is impressed with itself, but they can't match our naval or air power, and they can't project any power very far. They are more vulnerable to a blockade than any economy on earth. Just because they are no longer a total pushover on paper, does not make them a great military power. They have no experience fighting wars and practically no logistics as we know them.

You can't just count tanks and planes. Quality and effectiveness of Chinese arms are still very low. But the lack of any military experience is a huge problem. The only serious war they have fought in 60 years was with Vietnam in 1979 and Vietnam kicked their ass back to China. The little gooks didn't have much for resources, but after 20 years of fighting the French and Americans, they knew their chit very well and they embarrassed the Chinese.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

like i have said endlessly, the truthers phrase everything as a question. thats the whole argument:

"what, you trust the government?" - truther, hoping to portray non-trutherism as naive.

if our government is in bed with al queda, then they necessarily promote violence against us.

i know, you have it all figured out, guy. you are asking the tough questions.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

nope, not at all.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

i figure if there is one thing we can spend lots of money on, it is defense. and i know the government is wasteful. so be it. the job of the government, the real, actual job of the government, is to put together a destructive defense that cannot be touched by anyone else. thats what taxes are for.

in times of relative peace we should not become complacent about this. a threat is always around the corner and we should always be bigger and badder than everyone else. if we are badder than all of them combined, good. keeps those pricks from starting any ****. and they would if they could, eventually. at no point should we have a military that could not defeat every other nation on earth with relative ease. you just cant trust anyone else (except britain) to do anything or not be a a complete sack of cowardice or aggression.

even now our closest allies like france and germany are totally useless cowards, and our other "friends" like russia and china are somewhat terrifying.

7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Okay, I think we are talking in two different directions. I mentioned a military strike on Taiwan and our response to that strike. Not a war, but simply our immediate response to their aggression towards Taiwan, our good friends. It is predicted that by 2015 China will have the missile arsenal available to strategically take Taiwan despite our naval response. Their missiles are fired either by land or by Kilo class submarines or a combination of both.

Our response is Aircraft from Okinawa and the dispatch of the USS Nimitz. Thing is China would have to strike Okinawa to prevent our air assault. That leaves the Nimitz, which they intend to destroy within 3 days of the initial attack. I might argue that the strike on Okinawa is hard to swallow but the Chinese are considering the American response, not the world. Thing is, China has and continues to accumulate missiles capable of reducing our immediate air response to near negligible.

As for an all out war, dunno cause that is not their intent in this scenario but a little research on China’s weapons technology may produce some doubt into our ability to tear down the red curtain. This is the only reason I responded at all cause there ARE viable reasons for military spending. The world is getting sh!ttier every day, yunno.

Here are a couple of articles you may find enlightening:

How China Steals U.S. Military Secrets - Popular Mechanics

China's Space Threat: How Missiles Could Target U.S. Satellites - Popular Mechanics

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Exaggeration.

Our European allies have undergone civilian bombings, fire storms, enemy occupation, total economic destruction, and massive genocide in living memory. We have undergone none of this.

It is not surprising that they are far more cautious about rushing into a shooting war.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

i wasnt talking about why they are cowards, just saying that they are.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

And we pulled their asses out of the fire every time. If our European allies are in a war, we are in a war.