Miss. Senate Bill 2426

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by col reb, Mar 17, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

No, I'm pretty sure it's the same as they were talking about earlier in the thread. It's only legal to shoot & kill someone if your life is endangered. If they are fleeing the scene, you cannot shoot.

And it would probably fly because most law enforcers are understanding. I have the same law, but luckily haven't ever had to enforce it.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

You put a much greater weight on criminals' lives than I do. My $40 sneakers are more valuable than many of their lives. Killing someone should be a later resort, but I see no problem with a pleasant bullet to the knee cap.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The value is in MY life. No way am I going to risk 15 years in Angola for the momentary pleasure of killing an unarmed thief running away. Nor will I risk my life savings in a lawsuit by a deliberately kneecapped teenager.

I'll empty the friggin' magazine at an intruder advancing towards me but not into his back. There are a lot of things that will "Make your day" but fugg up your life.

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

He could be turning around to draw a weapon, or grab a knife or just make himself a smaller target until he can draw a bead on you. :shock: What then deputy dawg?

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I knew being broke had some advantages! :hihi:

6. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Your honor, you see that kitchen knife sticking out of his belly? He "WAS" armed. Ain't my fault he didn't know the knife should be stuck in his belt!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course, I don't imagine he had trouble remembering where he put it!!!:hihi: :hihi:

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Then I shoot him full of holes. Hell, I'll even shoot him if I suspect he's going for a gun. Just not if he's high-tailing it in full "feets don't fail me now" mode.

A jury can convict you and they often do. It just ain't worth time in prison, not to me, at least.