Miss. St

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxscott, Sep 21, 2003.

1. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

anyone going to the State game....if so where are you staying???

is the team staying over Saturday night or are they traveling back to BR...if they are staying, where??

2. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

I am heading up to starkvegas on Friday night. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express...I have not heard any of the teams plans.

Rooms are hard to come by because, there are not too many hotels in Starkville. I do hope to see a large contingent of tigers invade the city Friday and Saturday.

Keep the focus, one game at a time!!!!:geaux: :lsug:

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

If I go I think we are making it a day trip. Leave early Sat morn and drive back after the game.

4. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

where are your tickets:

I am in section 309 (West Upper) row 17

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Row 17 in Starkville is about as upper as it gets.:D

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Thats a pretty long day. The game probably won't be over until about 11:30 PM. Unless somebody in your party is sober and alert enough to make the drive home I would suggest looking for a cheapo Motel 6 or Super 8 room once you get to I 55 and sacking out until checkout time. A lot easier drive after breakfast and coffee than after a long day of multiple Beverages of Mass Consumption.

7. CresentCityTiger

CresentCityTiger Freshman

I am going. Leaving NO Saturday morning around noon. Going to crash in Meridian after the game. Not certain where my tickets are, but really do not care as long as I am there.

8. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

I wouldn't try to make that a day trip. If nothing else, stay in Jackson. You won't have trouble getting a room there.

9. RiverRidgeTiger

RiverRidgeTiger Founding Member

The team will come back immediately after the game.

If you have never been to Starkville...don't expect much. However, I've been to nearly every away destination we have been to over the last ten years and I have to say Miss.State is by far the worst. Been there twice, will never go back. Even as crappy as their program is there fans are still really obnoxious...especially with an 8pm kickoff. Be careful, especially with there season turning into a disaster. As far as tailgating goes it will be like a Tiger Stadium with only LSU fans out there.

If you plan on riding back after the game watch for Drug/Alcohol checks. They did it the last two time we played State at 8pm. The 3hr drive back to Jackson was bad enough and then there was an hour long line to get through the check point...AND only Louisiana plates were on the side of the road.

Good Luck

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I ain't saying that Starkville is in the sticks, but if you walk around town you'd think that the school colors were camoflage and dayglo orange.

I found a good barbeque joint there, once.