Missed me!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by saltyone, Oct 29, 2009.

1. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Tornado barely missed us. It took out a bunch of homes down the street. Don't know if anyone is hurt. Power lines down for a mile in any direction. Many houses missing roofs. Trailer home tossed around like a toy. Trees down everywhere. It cut through at least two subdivisions. Downtown Shreveport reported hit also. No power here...probably for some time based on the damage I saw. Thinking about heading to Ruston. Townhouses on fire down the road.

1 person likes this.
  2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Local weather at 6:00 said Shreveport was getting pounded by tornadoes. I figured it was an exaggeration. Sorry to hear it wasn't. :(

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

sorry to hear about that salty and glad you are ok.

you must have thought you were in oklahoma with weather like that!

4. KerryS

KerryS Founding Member

Glad you are ok. Hope everyone else is too. Crossing fingers here.

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Glad to hear you're OK. Crazy weather for the end of October. We've had near blizzard conditions for the last two days.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Houston must be soaked. I tried to fly there Monday from Lafayette and gave up because the IAH was closed for a while. I don't think it's stopped raining there yet.

7. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

We're in Ruston. The weather report says it's coming this way, but I dunno.....

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I hate tornadoes, but it feels good when you survive a close brush with one. Good luck to you Salty.

I was on the highway once when a twister touched down nearby. Let me tell you something if you've never experienced it. When a tornado touches down near a highway, all traffic rules are nullified. People hang u-turns left, they hang u-turns right, they drive across medians, drive in the wrong lane, go full speed in reverse for a half mile, run over fences and literally panic. Every driver for himself.

Traffic was probably more dangerous than the tornado. I put it in 4x4 and flattened a half mile of someone's 2-foot corn to get around the furball on the highway.

9. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Missed my mom's house by 1/2 a mile before it jumped the river to Bossier. My girls say it's pounding Ruston now.

Shreveport is flooded and still getting rain. Benton got it, so did Minden.

Houston is just soggy and windy but I don't know of any tornadoes here. Everyone stay safe.

10. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.