Missed me!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by saltyone, Oct 29, 2009.

1. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

This storm caused a steeple in shreveport to fall on a car (driver ok)

[​IMG]

2. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Well...thought I'd be cute and go to he front of the subdivision...Mistake! Never flooded out here before. Made it as far as the main intersection. Water up to my waist. Wife's trailblazer died when I had to stop...car dead in road blocking intersection. Water half way up the cars windows. Had to climb out the window and get a friend with a 4x4 to tow to hid driveway. Just about every house up front is flooded. Spent an hour wading in waist dep water barefoot (new shoes in the truck). If we're under this much water, Airline Drive has to be under. Can't leave now if we wanted to...the Acura doesn't sit more than four inches off the ground. Boat is in Monroe. Our house doesn't seem in danger of flooding.

Anyone know how to restart a vehicle that had been flooded? Will try to retrieve the wife's truck in the morning.

3. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Good report for you Salty and Dude. Now stay dry and get some things together to help those who will need it.

4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Glad to hear you are ok Salty. As to the car, did it ingest water into the engine? If so, do not try to start it. Call your mechanic first thing in the a.m. If it has water in the engine and you try to start it, you could do major damage (water doesn't compress).

5. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I don't think any water made it into the engine. It just died. I did try to restart it a couple of times...it did nothing but click like a dead battery. The water was up to the middle of the bumbers...exhaust under water, which I believe is the reason it wouldn't start. Once we got it up out of the water, I didn't even try to start it because I knew I couldn't drive it back. I'm hoping it starts right up. If not, the guy across the street from where it's.parked is a mechanic.

6. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

C'mon Marine, I thought you'd have a DUKW laying around the arsenal somewhere....

Glad you are ok though. My wifes family lives there and they said it was a pretty good mess.

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Whew, man, you are in our thoughts and prayers. I am sure everything will work out fine, but with a bit of anxious moments along the way. Best wishes from to you and your family.

8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I would talk to him b4 I tried to start it. Also, you may have some water in the transmission and or rear end if they went under. Good luck.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Even if you get it started, you're going to want to change all the engine fluids and drivetrain fluids and repack the bearings soon. No kidding.

10. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Holy Sh!t dude..If there is ANYTHING we can do for y'all dont not hesitate to call!! I will be up there in a heartbeat for ya!!!!