Missing Tiger Rag

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ChuckM, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

The only reason things like this and Tiger Rag come up is because LSU is once again a POWERHOUSE that gets media attention and people with agendas use that as their SOAPBOX to have their points heard.

If Curley was still the coach and we were still in the dugeoun of the SEC NO of this would matter.

2. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I'll chime in as an old fart. I much rather the chant L-S-U than the profanities that have been slipped in. It's actually pretty childish..People should be there to support the team. Not see how loud or how many people can say AH or anything else.. Also I have nevver been a fan of well it's permitted on tv.

So things being what they are I applaude the powers that be.

3. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

The biggest problem is students think it is a right to be vulger or shout obscenities at will. Most do not take into account that they are infringing on rights of others not to have to be subjected to the obscene language or vulgar actions.

I do not remember EVER shouting "*******" during Tiger Rag or "kick their ass" after the 1st down cheer when I was a student from 83-87. I also know that when someone got obnouxious with the language we would ask them to stop...and generally they did. It's one thing to cuss every now and them but another when every word out of your mouth is "f" this or that. To have 12000 students screaming "*******" for no valid reason other than they "can" is stupid and immature.

As far as tradition I guess that is up for debate but it is a shame that this portion of the gameday experience cannot be enjoyed anymore because some students feel it is their "right".

4. Crip*TEAM KATT

That isnt a right. No one has the right not to be offended. No where has the government assured us that we have the right to stop someone from doing something because it offends us. ALOT of people seem to think they have this right, but they are mistaken.

5. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

I have to agree. I've always hated the ******* chant. Not so much because of tradition, I agree that is important, but mostly because I thought it was stupid and quite corny

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Can you not see the difference between some @sshole who wants to shout it out and 10,000 @ssholes disrespecting Tiger Band?

Neither one have a damn thing to do with Tiger spirit. Being publicly vulgar is not a right or a privilege and refraining from it is not censorship.

7. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

i am in complete support of the chants. Stuff like this makes college football what it is today. If the students (and I do sit in the student section) wish to call the opponents *******s, then so be it. I'm sure each and every one of you has used profanity in some point of your life. Its just part of the student section......traditons are ever changing....what we do today will be looked back on in future years as a traditions. Just because people 30+ people didnt chant it years ago doesn't mean we cant. The student section makes Tiger Stadium one of the premier venues in college football. I have sat in the East upper and south endzone and I can tell you the majority of the people are not "making noise." Completely different in the student section....I yell AT YOU if your not making noise. So stop writing us off as a bunch of drunk idiots who dont care about LSU Football, LSU school, LSU traditions.....the truth is the student section cares more about LSU than most people sitting in the stands

8. Crip*TEAM KATT

Funny how you pick that part of my statement to reply to and not the fact this would be a non-issue if LSU were not winning.

This is was truely a REAL problem they would have refrained from doing the song the year AFTER the started it. Oh wait LSU wasnt doing very good back then were they.

If they were disrespecting the Band, THEN it should have been left up to the BAND to make the choice. Did the band take a vote on the subject? I highly doubt it. The powers that be seemed to want to make a big deal out of something that is completely retarded, I guess next week they will be some parade through campus to try and get the point across.

9. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I agree, I don't see where its that big a deal!!! People these days are way to easily offended it seems. And to say "its disrespecting the band"???? Come on RED....the band is made up of "students" and if they didn't have tubas and trumpets in their mouths they'd probably be yelling it too!!

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

true but then they dont have the right to keep my fist from being offensive to that eye ball now do they?

cuss around my kids at a game and see what you get. You can ask salty about that. I showed an LSU fan the road at an OLE MISS game. yeah he was one of ours. You're wrong KATT we do have a right to not be offended. It messes with my "DOMETIC TRANQUILTY" to hear profanity in the precense of women folk, therefore I mess with thine right eye. I'm left handed. and good. lol

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

note: wouldnt actually hit anyone but you see the example? I think a case could be made for being civil in speech as well as actions.