Mississippi State

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Atreus21, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

I've noticed a distinct lack of criticism, good or bad, for the 2004 Bulldogs under Croom. Anybody got or heard any predictions? Because I ain't.

2. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

I do not think Mississippi State will win a SEC game this year. It will be a tough start for Croom.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I think everyone understands that they are in for some lean years with probation and rebuilding, but I have been impressed with what Croom has had to say and how he has handled himself. However he would have to be a miracle worker to turn State around any time soon.

4. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

That's probably cause the 2004 season has yet to start and it's a bit hard to critcize a team that hasn't played yet. Wait for the season to get underway and you'll see plenty of Croom analysis.

5. ramah

ramah Founding Member

They'll be whipping Auburn's azz in

2006 ...

I look for tough play from them but a severe lack of talent and holes everywhere in 2004

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

State has nowhere to go but up. Almost any sucess they have this year will make them the most improved team in the SEC.

7. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I think that recruiting will pick up with Croom's hiring, but you can't see results from that any time soon...MSU's dependence on massive infusions of JUCO players is what ultimately did them in, and I'm sure the cupboard's almost bare for them, though between Byrdsong and Culbertson they've got some talent and players on defense...

Croom will recruit well, and they'll be back on the level of say an Arkansas or Auburn last year within about 2-3 years...

8. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

Hope so. It'd be nice to get the last weak link out of the West, not to mention make the SEC stronger. What's a JUCO Player?

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Junior College transfer.