MLB Thread: 2006

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Jun 2, 2006.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

Re: MLBen Thread: 2006

If Hart was still the Rangers GM they would go for a bat instead of a top flight pitcher. However, I do not think one pitcher does it for the Rangers. Millwood has not been consistant, and Koronka is starting to show his true colors. they need at leat 2 more legit guys....one can come from the system (Diamond is the likely choice), and they will have to part with Kinsler/Derosa/Blaylock to get another one before the deadline.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Food for thought:

Roger Clemens will make approximately $8,000 per pitch thrown this year.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

1) Their ace is 400 years old and has a history of falling off after the break, so don't count on it.
    2) Not every team.
    3) Bobby Cox always seems to figure a way to pull a rabbit out of his hat.
    4) Toronto has a good team this year, but if they can't catch the Sox and yanks now while injuries are still lingering, and the Big Unit is looking his age, don't expect them to do it when these two get there guys healthy, and Johnson learns how to win without his 98 mph heater.
    5) The Rangers need to hope that Oakland falls out of the race, Then MAYBE they can trade for Zito. However, I don't think they would trade Zito to anyone in the AL.
    6) Not sure, there pitching hasn't been as consistent as it was last year. Garcia and Contreras have struggled of late.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

so i finally saw barry bonds after another long rain delay, and barry only pinch hit in the second game of the double header. this is what he looks like in the rain on my cellphone:

[​IMG]

i tried to yell at barry, and i did a little, but i am a sweetheart so i waved at him instead. he seemed to be pleased at my friendly waves. it kinda sucked because there was so much rain the crowd was thin and we couldnt properly taunt barry.

the mets split the twin bill and i was at the park from 1 until 10:30 because of rain delays and extra innings. the final play was an awesome tag up walkoff by lasting milledge.

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Noooooooooo!!! Pujols out with injury for two weeks. Hopefully it does not linger. I have tickets for their series with the Stros in early June!

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

here are some reasons why the mets will win the national league:

1. beltran is now ok with playing in new york.

2. atlanta doesnt have leo mazzone conjuring up pitching magic for bobby cox anymore.

3. david wright is the best young player in baseball not named albert pujols.

4. jose reyes is the most exciting athlete in baseball.

5. lastings milledge will provide insurance so the mets never have less than 3 very good outfielders. of course if two guys get hurt at once like when cameron and beltran collided last year that would be trouble. but for now a loss of floyd or nady dosent hurt at all because milledge is waiting.

6. glavine and pedro, dominating every start. pedro ERA: 2.5, glavine ERA: 2.59

7. florida is terrible and not only that, two of their best players now play for the mets (lo duca, delgado). washington just sucks. the only team that will be near the mets in the east at the end of the season is philly.

8. wagner may not be perfect, but he isnt braden looper.

9. last year the mets were in the race until pretty late, and that was with doug mientkiewicz instead of carlos delgado. even if that was the only thing that changed, it would be a huge difference.

here are the criticisms you are thinking of, i can already hear you saying:

"hey martin, eat my ass, the mets cant win the national league, ever heard of a gentleman named albert pujols?"

i have heard of him and it is too bad there are not 9 of him playing for st louis. instead he plays with a buncha suckasses. the mets are well rounded with players at every position.

"hey martin, you dummy, the mets have no second baseman! kaz matsui? jose valentin? please!"

ok, calm down, thats true, but no team is perfect.

"the back of the rotation is terrible, you have to be kidding me. lima time! haha, martin you are a chump!"

at one time the back of the rotation was truly a heap of ****, but as the two young guys bannister and maine return from injuries, el duque and the cuban rookie alay soler will be adequate. then when everyone is healthy there should be at least a couple guys that are not terrible to hold down the 4th and 5th spots. plus when the playoffs start those guys will ride the pine. and jose lima cant hurt the mets when is dominating games for the norfolk tides.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

1. no as much as i like the tigers, their staff is too inexperienced which is crucial down the stretch. they have the talent and arms just need more time. how can you not love leyland.

2. the nl west is not as bad as people think but not as good as their current records. The best staff wins the west and that will be the pods.

3. mazzone's O's have the worst change in ERA of any team. His magic only worked in atlanta. sometimes there are many variables that leads to one's success. Braves needed him as much as he needed the braves. Both will continue to struggle.

4. Toronto is interesting but burnett will never be completely healthy. chacin and lily are decent but halladay cant do it alone. Can Glaus stay healthy 2 years in a row? no he got hurt again just today.

5. rangers have no shot. their pitching staff sucks and will continue to get worse as the season wears on including the arlington heat.

6. white sox are far and away the best team in baseball. Dont kid yourself.

8. clair

clair Rockets

the 1 criticism of the homer Martin that I have is that just like the Nats last year, the Mets are literally winning every, single 1 run game right now...

the nats went on a big slump the 2nd half...

i expect the same to occur to the mets once lady-luck runs out...

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

heres the problem with your argument:

Pedro had just above a 2 era in May. he failed to win a game.

dont expect that to continue.

10. clair

clair Rockets

pedro didn't win, but the METS ultimately won the games...

so what the heck is the difference if the team wins with him getting the W, or the team wins with him getting a ND?

i also dont' expect 56 year old tom glavine, who has had bad years every year with the mets to continue to shine

the mets are too talented to completely fall off, but it wont be the giant cake-walk that good ole Willie Randolph posted 2-3 messages ago