MLB Thread: 2006

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Jun 2, 2006.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

high triple-a. marlins are actually starting a high double-A team but a bullpen the yankees would swap for straight up in a, err, new york second.

how can one team have such terrible players for so much money. its taken 2 years longer than i expected but its finally caught up to them.

no braves and yanks in the postseason is gonna be sweet.

scott proctor, farnsworth, jaret wright, carl pavano

Ill take, How to piss away mega-millions for 800 alex.

hopefully boston and schilling's krylon doctored sock is left out as well.

3. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

sup martin - I have MLB Extra Innings and caught 2 of the Mets telecasts last week when LA-Mets play. Talk about some homers...Ron Darling and the other cat don't talk about anything but the Mets, even when the other team is batting. It's so nice to catch a FSN Prime Ticket game and listen to Vin Scully.

Side note: Lasting Milledge looks like a Snoop Dogg want-to-be.

4. tirk

hey so do I and vin scully is worth his weight plus gagne's in gold. i look forward to every game I get to hear him call.

Darling is good due to his baseball perspective but keith hernandez seems to struggle with even basic baseball facts but anything is better than joe buck or tim mccarver. mccarver is the joe theisman of baseball.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

i thought the home broadcasters were supposed to be homers. thats what i want. it is one of the reasons i like jim hawthorne. last week keith hernandez was talking about how they are not supposed to be homers, but i dont see why not, and especially keith H and ron darling, they played for the 86 mets!

last year tom seaver did met broadcasts, he was funny because you really got the impression he barely showed up in time for the game and he didnt pay attention and amused himself with whatever he wanted to talk about the whole game. i guess you can do that when you are a first ballot hall of famer.

my local homies are agreeing with you that milledge is too gangsta, he doesnt fit with the rest of the gentlemen mets. i like him anyway, and at least he is not delmon young.

agree and disagree. mccarver actually reminds me of points i like to hear, but also he can get a little overboard with explanations of the obvious. he is good to have is perhaps you are watching the game with a lady and she needs things explained. i read his book, it was pretty good.

the AL isnt really baseball, it is a baseball hybrid for losers where they stand on the bases until somebody hits a home run and the pitcherrs are treated like delicate primadonnas who couldnt be bothered to lift a bat.

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

except when the world series rolls around (or the all-star game for that matter) and then they show their dominance over the "senior moments" league.

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

i am watching the met philly game and everyone is hitting a home run every time they bat. this philly park is too small, much the like the DH, small parks are awful.

although i am driving to philly tomorrow so you can see me in the stands during the game on espn.

9. clair

clair Rockets

that park isnt THAT small in terms of dimensions

the ball just leaps out of it for some reason

I think they plan to movei t back 10-15 feet in the offseason

10. tirk

not true. when they designed the stadium, based on their studies they accidentally placed the left-field fence 25 ft closer than it should have been. this is based on the wind dynamics/design of the ballpark. they knew beforehand how this was affected in nightgames but left it like it was.

after allowing the most homers of any park by a lot in '04 they moved the fence back 5 feet.

didnt help much. I did remember hearing plans of moving left field back 15 more feet this past offseason but i dont think its happened.