..... MLB .....

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by GiantDuckFan, Mar 4, 2016.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Giants to install additional netting at AT&T Park

http://www.sfgate.com/giants/article/Giants-to-install-additional-netting-at-AT-T-Park-6867426.php

.....When Commissioner Rob Manfred issued his netting directive in December, Giants executives initially balked at the notion. There have been no gravely serious foul ball-related injuries in the park’s history, and it is among the most intimate major-league settings. Manfred sent notice to all teams, and the way it was worded, it sounded like a recommendation, as if the teams could act as they pleased.

Behind the scenes, it was a mandate. Teams were not given a choice, and all 30 — including the A’s, who were told no adjustments are required — will be in compliance by Opening Day.....

:cool: I've long thought maple bats were the most dangerous thing in baseball,.. but they still have em,.. mark my words somebody is gonna be seriously injured by a broken maple bat.

I guess extra netting isn't a bad idea,.. the last Giants game I went to, a young gal got clocked in the side of the head by a foul ball,.. stuck around for a couple innings after, but she left in the 6th inning. I hunger for a foul ball souvenir when I'm at a game though, I'll have to scope out a new strategic seat I guess.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

barry bonds made maple bats popular even though steroids was the catalyst for his newfound success. im not sure how i feel about them. baseball can be dangerous, has always been that way.

helmets are going to be required for pitchers at all amateur levels i believe. mlb is introducing padded hats for pitchers already. could be many years before they force them to wear a helmet. because it likely affects their game. and imo is another overreaction.

the people always dying at baseball games are from falls. usually theyre pretty loaded it seems. you could ban beer but that would be stupid too. they already cut you off after the 6th inning.

also, ivy league has banned tackling from their football practices. this will become the norm in all levels of football in our pussification of society.

overanalyzing every aspect of our lives is occluding us from actually living it. i understand our desire to do the right thing. at some point you just have to let shit go and do. we didnt evolve by being meek. those people were killed off as nature intended.

Richdog and shane0911 like this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Maple, Ash, Bamboo, they all break if you catch it on the handle.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If Babe Ruth had used a bamboo bat they would have called him the Bamboo Bambino

tirk and shane0911 like this.
  5. GiantDuckFan

tirk makes good points about our society,.. lawyers, pussy men and women now call the shots.

There is just no need for maple bats,..I watch a game nearly every day of the season, they do break more often and into more pieces,.. that are wicked sharp.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    LSUTiga, shane0911 and tirk like this.
  6. GiantDuckFan

[​IMG]
    MLB, announce rule changes involving takeout slides, pace of play

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on...changes-involving-takeout-slides-pace-of-play

MLB and the MLBPA jointly announced two significant rule changes for 2016. Those rule changes involve takeout slides to break up double plays and visits to the mound.

.... When it comes to breaking up double plays at second base, the runner is still allowed to make contact with the pivot man, but he can do so legally only if the following four conditions are satisfied:.... :cool: Chase Utley rule.

....timed 30-second visits to the pitcher's mound by managers and pitching coaches. :cool: stupid rule change,.. not nearly enough time

7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

i hate chase utley

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  8. GiantDuckFan

ditto,.. he's a dirt bag

9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

yep...glad you get to watch a lot of ball....all i want to do when i retire in drink beer and watch minor league ball

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

No doubt. I haven't studied it but the only logical explanation is to gain bat speed. MLB should probably step in. Didn't someone get hit in the chest with a piece of a bat not long ago and damn near die? Stake to the heart and oh screw it, I'm not @islstl

GiantDuckFan likes this.