Mo Claiborne

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ch0sn0ne, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

So it's now official he will not redshirt or get a medical hardship due to playing last night.

My question is this.

What happened last night for him to play so much?

I was at the game and we noticed Hawkins never came back, so I assume he was hurt. Eugene filled in for him, but then Peterson diasappeared for a couple series, and this is when Claiborne saw his first significant time.

Now Peterson eventually came back, so we know he is ok.

Was we forced to burn his year due to injuries?

2. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

No, he's Petersons backup. He's a freak himself.. and the recruiting services definitely missed on him. I can't say for certain.. but he may be good enough to start opposite Peterson next year.

He's playing because he's a freak. No use in redshirting him if he may be gone after his junior year.

3. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I understand all of this and agree with you. BUT, Hawkins didn't play any after he left the game. He is hurt no doubt, or at least was pulled for precautions.

Do we know any more about this?

4. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

I was surprised when I saw him in, but he was very impressive. So far, we've had Shep, Randle, Downs, and Claiborne get playing time as true freshmen. Each has played well, especially last night.

5. ScottforJC

ScottforJC It's never over until God says its over-Sid Ortis

Dominique Allen was in last night also.

:geaux:

6. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

I wonder what the deal is with that? Supposedly he wasn't playing before because he was too hefty. Maybe Jenny Craig to the rescue?:lol:

7. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

but miles doesn't play freshman. surely you jest.

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

And if he's that talented, why not let him get some experience. Hawkins is gone after this season, so that opens up a void. Even with Jai potentially moving up, we still have another opening for the nickel and dime backs.

I think Brooks and Taylor are good enough, but both appear to be groomed for both CB and Safety positions. So getting another true-CB ready for next season isn't a bad idea.

I believe our secondary next season could potentially be better than this year!

Loston (pending he lives up to his hype) and C.Jones as our safeties (with the previously mentioned Brooks/Taylor/Hatcher trio rotating in at times.

Our corners could be sick! With Peterson a lock for sure, and then Claiborne/Eugene for the 2nd and nickel spots would be just insane, IMO!

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Janzen who????:hihi:.

10. Berge

Berge Founding Member

I think is the last year Jones will be playing football.

I know he is absolutely itching to play baseball for a full season, and he cannot do that going to spring practice for football.

I don't know if it is possible for him to miss the spring and come back for football.