"Moderate islam Does Not Exist"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by spikke, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

I get it now...spikke is martin's evil twin brother....

seriously, why the need to be so abrasive, man? I don't get it....

Question, who do you agree with? I mean, not on this board but politically....do you have someone historically or something that you can point to and say you basically agree with him?

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

there is getting to be way too much name calling in this thread. it adds nothing to discussion or arguments.

please practice a bit of civility and make your points without the names calling.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

ok hang on a sec. ok i placed it in my ear. i hope i dont need it anytime soon.

dangit let me get the tautology out my ear and speak about it again. you are defining muslim as a crazy dude and then claiming they are crazy dudes. you are defining the moderates who are willing to pick up drunks like me as not muslim. this is the tautology i spoke of. no counterexamples are possible because you simply are defining the word muslim on your terms. all muslims are crazy because anyone who isnt crazy isnt muslim.

4. flabengal

sounds like what you guys did with scientists and creation scientists.....

ain't karma a bitch....:lol:

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

its is exactly what we did.

the difference is that Muslims are free to self-define and beleive whatever they want and claim it is part of their faith. scientists actually have a standard of objectivity and reason. religions do not bear the burden of having to be rational or having to make any sense.

right now i can decide i love jesus and immediately i am a christian. it is a self-applied title. scientist isnt, in any real sense.

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

How awesome would it be if there was no such thing as religion and we rid this world of people who built their lives around fairy tales?

[​IMG]

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

it would be pretty damn awesome.

and i would like to note that the photo there was taken from jersey city where i lived on sept 11, perhaps a few hundred yards from my apartment.

8. flabengal

Wouldn't the world be nice if we could rid it of radical secularists that have convinced the world (and tigerforums, depressingly I must add) that:

1) The universe just is. (shhh, no questions allowed)

2) From this completely non-living matter molecules decided to organize themselves, completely on their own.
    (no other explanations allowed)

3) In the fullness of time these organisms had decided to start thinking and came up with languages, law, philosophy, engineering, mathematics, poetry, music, literature.....all on their own.
    (Smart little molecules, eh?)

4) To some of these now fully sentient beings it all seemed a little too coincidental that they lived on a planet just the right distance from the sun for good temperatues, with a moon just the right size/distance for good weather, with just the right amount of chemicals in the air for life, etc. It all seemed too coincidental so these ones they decided maybe something had designed the whole thing an made it happen.

After all, they had never actually seen a city spring up on it's own, or babies produce an adult or life spring from non-living material or books print themselves or compositions come into being on their own......in fact it was always the superior that produced the inferior, in every case without fail. The men built the city, the plant produced the seeds, babies were made by adults and music had to be created from men....in every case ever observed.

The superior being is responsible for the inferior, without fail.

Overwhelmed with the coincidences at hand they decided their must be a Designer behind it all.

5) The group known a secularists wouldn't have it though....the idea that there was something out there they may have planned it all was just too abhorrent so they pounded away at the coincidences one by one until the people agreed......yes, the universe just was and then the dirt just began living....and then the cells just began thinking and then people just began grunting and then they began planting and then they began worshipping ......and, uh....now we know the worship is not necessary.

Pssst....and oh, yeah, don't forget no questions allowed.
    Or else they will call you stupid.

9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Someone help me choose the appropriate response:
    A) I'm not aware of anyone being killed in the name of any of those reasons.

B} Radical secularists? You mean like the Founding Fathers?

c) Dude, your definition of "radical" is pretty tame.

10. flabengal

The secularist have been killing babies in this country to the tune of over 30 million, bro. Don't hear much about that do you....the "fetus lobby" been sleepin' on the job up in D.C.

You mean the ones that mention the Creator and God given rights in all those documents....you mean those secularists?

How more "radical" do they have to get? Come by and round up all the Christians for not being tolerant of others? For refusing to marry gays in their churches and perform abortions in their hospitals? You mean those right-wing extremists, whacko-nut-jobs that are a breeding ground for terrorists extremists.....

oh, ok...government is cool, no problem....:rolleye33:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.