"Moderate islam Does Not Exist"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by spikke, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Only in this country can rational thought be considdered radical behavior. BTW, when is the last time that a fetus, child, person was killed for one of the following reasons that YOU listed?
    I really do love your use of the talking point "Radical Secularist", ripped straight from Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity or whatever talking head you parrot to avoid using your own gray matter.

Just so we're clear, we don't live in a Theocracy. We don't really live in a Secular country either because the fundies won't allow us to, yet you act is if you're persecuted as the minority?

Tell you what, you answer my question about who has died at the hands of the five things you listed and we'll continue the discussion. We'll begin with your erroneous assumption that everyone who has had an abortion is secularist (as if one has anything to do with the other). I'll start with a list of all the people I know who have had abortions, yet claim to be Christian. Then we'll move on to the (growing) list of Christian leaders who fight against the rights of homosexuals, but turn out to be closet homosexuals themselves.

Then we can move on to this nugget:
    in which you tell me that in the absence of proof they created their own story that made sense to them.

I'm sure that I'll grow tired of your inability to display rational thought and toss you on the ignore list long before we get past the first question, though...

2. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

MLUTiger:

Go ahead and put me on ignore now....just like you have with the concept of good and evil, angels and demons, natural and supernatural. I am not offended. I stand in good company over here on your ignore list.:dis:

3. flabengal

buddy, if you were a detective you wouldn't put one friggin' criminal in jail because you can't follow up any of your observations with a sound conclusion.

-I listen to Rush Limbaugh about 10 times a year, max. I do it when I can't find anything on the radio and I'm driving with my parents. The only thing I know about Rush Limbaugh is I think it's funny when he "pops" that paper behind the microphone to make noise and also when he says, "Theee Ruuhvrend Jaxxxxsuhhn".

-As far as Sean Hannity goes, I don't think I've ever watched more than 2 minutes of him when I stumble across his show flipping channels. I can't stand the guy and I think he is a bought and paid for Republican hack....

You might want to acknowledge the fact that those guys didn't think the english language up and others have come up with the description of "secularist" before. These issues really aren't that new, people have been batting them around for years. If you do want to make an accurate insult towards me you might try "ultramontane"....I understand at one point in time that was a real zinger in reference to people like me.

:popcorn:

4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Kind of reminds me of the old joke about "Why are there no Muslims on Star Trek?"

hwr

5. flabengal

I'll bite, why are there no Muslims on Star Trek?

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

funny. i never noticed that. lol

7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Cause we wiped them all out.

Note, not necessarily my point, just the punch line of a joke.

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

:lol:

[​IMG]

Are you ever going to answer my question?

9. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Radicals are radicals. You will find them amongst all religions.

10. flabengal

I thought I was on your ignore list already. My apologies.

Regarding your question:

Killed for the reasons I listed? Is that your definition of a secular country? My friend, that wouldn't be a secular country that would be a satanic country. We are a long way from that....hell, the Soviet Union didn't just execute people for believing in God. They just didn't allow you to make trouble about it, discuss it, go to church, talk about it on internet boards....that type of thing. I'm pretty sure you were allowed to believe in God privately. I think that's where we're headed. But the state won't enforce the ban here, it'll be the society, by labeling all the people that do kooks and re-writing history to claim that this country wasn't founded by Christians. That type of thing.

And since you express so much interest in what I watch...when I watch tv I watch Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann. I think it's fascinating to see how the other side works through their thought process. Kind of like a NL manager watching an AL game to figure out what the DH rule does to strategy, etc. It's much more interesting than watching FOX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.