"Moderate islam Does Not Exist"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by spikke, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Yeah... you're getting off topic. Just answer the first question and we'll move on to the rest. I'm not going to let you squirm out of avoiding it.

Just for a quick recap:
    1) I pointed out how so many people are senselessly killed in the name of God.
    2) You replied saying that it would be nice to get rid of the radical secularists who bring logic, science and rational thought to society.
    3) I then posted three smartass responses and a request from the audience to choose one.
    4) You replied with the illogical comment about radical secularists killing babies.
    5) I asked you when the last time that someone was killed for one of the five things you listed that radical secularists were destroying the country with, trying to get back to the point that more people have been killed in the name of a deity than any other reason in the history of man.

Since then you have been dancing around the question with silly and pointless comments. It's time to answer up or shut the **** up. I'm not going to play rope-a-dope with you and let you of the hook for your ridiculous ideas.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This is the schoolyard rhetoric of those who aren't confident in their argument. Anybody who disagrees with them is a blinded, gullible ideologue. :insane:

You'd be surprised, nimrod.

3. spikke

spikke Veteran Member

Another one claiming that Muslim apostate is lying and never mind that there are now a bunch of Muslim apostates living in the West sounding the alarm. I guess they must all be lying.

Moreover, Islam is about 5 percent religion and 95 percent a violent totalitarian ideology that not only controls its adherents lives down to the smallest detail but its highest mandate is the subjugation of the world.

No wonder some of you winners blame America. You guys don't have the first clue.

4. spikke

spikke Veteran Member

Well explain why like a radical leftwing ideologue you always follow leftwing orthodoxy so rigidly. The truth is you are a political correct multiculturalist because you have been indoctrinated to be one per the leftwing ideology you adhere to so rigidly, and never mind the leftist/Islamic alliance, you’ll never question it because you are a leftwing ideologue.

Okay…then back it up nimrod!

5. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

Look, man if you are trying to say more people have been killed for religious ideas than secular ideas I'm pretty sure you are going to lose that one. Check out the casualty list for the twentieth century and get back to me. The communists in the Soviet Union and China have dispatched more human beings than all the others combined. I don't think you realize the numbers we're talking about here. It enormous.

The Inquisition and that other stuff pales in comparison.

6. red55

What nonsense. Science knows a great deal about the creation of the universe. A whole lot more than those who guess. What is "not allowed" is mythology.

All other explanations are allowed! Concepts just aren't accepted as facts until proven properly.

Damn straight! Now you are starting to learn something. We have overwhelming evidence of this. I'm still waiting for one shred of evidence that divine intervention was involved.

Right. They decided that. They had no evidence and still do not. They base it on their faith. Why do only religious people support intelligent design, do you think?

I fear that this sentence makes no sense at all. What is your point?

What in the world do you think this means? I challenge you to document this.

This is how myths have been born throughout time. Unable or unwilling to understand the natural processes, men have invented explanations that fit their particular tribal faiths.

You have this entirely backwards!

It was YOU that attacked the science of evolution using faith. I did not attack religion and set about to prove it wrong. I set about to prove science is correct and I did it by scientific means.

It is your faith that seems to be weak, if you are so defensive as to take science defending itself scientifically as an assault on your religious beliefs.

All of your questions have been asked and answered. I have not called you stupid. I think you confuse science and faith, that is all.

7. red55

Let me 'splain something. The truth is that you know nothing about me or my ideology, you know nothing about any "indoctrination", you know nothing of my education or knowledge, you know nothing about me at all.

All of this is your tactic of attacking posters personally with abrasive and inflammatory language and with a complete lack of civility. You do this because you don't really want to discuss anything, you just like to hear yourself rant. You do it because the people most capable of destroying your arguments are simply not going to respond to newbies exhibiting such crass behavior, which is likely what you prefer.

Most of us here have known each other for years and have many thousands of posts that define us. When a new guy like you calls the atheist martin a "religious kook" and a borderline racist like me a "multiculturalist", you are making a fool of yourself to people here that know better.

If you will stick to the topic, make your points without snide insulting comments, and attack peoples ideas instead of personally attacking them, then a discussion might happen. Otherwise you are just raving to yourself.

I assure you . . . if you act like a child, I will treat you like a child. That is to say, I will ignore your thesis, continue to deride your poor behavior, and admonish you to get with the program here or find some greener pastures.

Nobody is going to take you seriously until you start acting like an adult.

8. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

You are a moron. Christianity and Islam are both to blame for millions of deaths.

You KOOK

9. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

Rex_B:

Deaths in communists states tops them both, combined.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Book_of_Communism

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Here. I'll help you out by giving you a quick list of instances famous in history in which religion or God played some part in the deaths of victims:

Croatia, 1991-92
    Baha'is, 1848-54
    Bosnia, 1992-95
    Russian pogroms, 1905-06, 1917-22
    Christian Romans, 30-313 CE
    Northern Ireland, 1974-98
    English Civil War, 1642-46
    Holocaust, 1938-45
    Huguenot Wars, 1562-1598
    Xhosa, 1857
    Witch Hunts, 1400-1800
    Iran, Islamic Republic, 1979-
    Iraq, Shiites, 1991-92
    Jews, 1348
    Jonestown, 1978
    Lebanon, 1860, 1975-92
    Molucca Is., 1999-
    India, 1992-2002
    Mongolia, 1937-39
    Taiping Rebellion, 1850-64
    Shimabara Revolt, Japan 1637-38
    St. Bartholemew Massacre, 1572
    Shang China, ca. 1300-1050 BCE
    WWII, 1939-1945
    Sikh uprising, India, 1984-91
    Boxer Rebellion, 1899-1901
    Spanish Inquisition, 1478-1834
    Indo-Pakistani Partition, 1947
    Thirty Years War, 1618-48
    Vietnam, 1800s
    Albigensian Crusade, 1208-49
    Algeria, 1992-

This list doesn't even begin to scratch the surface. You might argue that in the absence of some sort of religion or god that these people may have killed themselves anyway, but the fact of the matter is that they didn't. Billions upon billions of lives that could have been spared were it not for the rampant spreading of ignorance and fairy tales.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.