Monday Morning QB - Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stk, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

She definitely screwed up the question. It was amusing to see the look of utter confusion on Miles' face. The look said, "What in the hell are you talking about, lady?"

But, upon clarification, it seemed clear to me that Miles was suggesting that they still had a TO in their pocket to use after the final play. This it the closest thing to a transcript I could find:

Holly Rowe: “Weren’t you worried about the clock?”

Les Miles: “We didn’t use our last time out, we could have called time out after that. Absolutely not. We felt like with 18 seconds, 16 seconds on the clock we were in great shape.”

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007...s-the-guts-or-brains-of-godzilla-not-sure-wh/

I'll give it another viewing when I get home tonight, with your explanation in mind.

2. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

Perfect post. On todays Jim Rome show a Florida Gator called in and basically said Les Miles is an idiot and does not know what he is doing mainly referring to the timeout and 18 second comment. Funny, Miles has beaten Meyer 2 out of 3 times. Can any other SEC Coach claim this???
    It amazes me how these so called informed Talking Heads like to stir the pot with informed comments which is basically spinning and lying. They will do anything for ratings. If Miles and our Tigers win the BCSNC this year they will all be sucking up to get his interview. And of course CLM will answer every call to get the most exposure he can for our recruiting efforts.

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

You are correct. I received an email that stated the clock operator is assigned by the SEC.

4. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

geauxgeauxhon got what the writer and everyone else missed on this thread. Miles was playing it so after LSU scored, there would be no time left on the clock. The writer of the article totally missed it, advocating that Miles should have taken 3 shots at the end zone at least. What if we score a TD and leave Auburn 40 seconds, they hit 2 passes for first downs then heave one into the endzone for a TD. I think they had 2 timeouts left. The writer is an idiot.

I think Miles played it well, and I've seen pro teams do the same. You put yourself in position to win, and if you do, your opponent has no chance to do anything about it.

It was pointed out yesterday that Flynn took 10 seconds from the break of the huddle until the snap, and that's too long. Flynn needs to get sharper on his 2 minute offense.

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Miles said after the game they cut it a little close, which is what many of us are saying.
    The call was good, the clock management not as good.