Monday Press Conference:

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 4, 2010.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

3. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i'm not denying he called that play, what i am saying is that it's convenient that he is making it out like he has no influence over the offense until that play.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

There is a multiplicity of causal mechanisms involved in a clockage situation.

6. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i'm not sure why so many people have a hard time believing this.

they think miles is stupid, so wouldn't it make sense that he delegates and isn't pulling the trigger on every play and micromanaging like a 90's steve spurrier.

doesn't anyone else have a picture in their head on coaches meeting of miles saying a few words and then the rest of the coaches give miles a coloring book and do the real work.

it's probably very similar to the way things ran in washington when W was president.

miles recruits, takes photo ops and gets behind a mic. i'd be surprised if he is involved in anyhting having to do with gameplanning or playcalling more than an overseer.

i can't believe the anti miles crowd doesn't believe this.

7. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

First off it's been shown time and again that Miles wasn't yelling to clock it he was pointing to the ground and saying "he's down, he's down" because an Ole Miss guy came up with the ball after that pass.

8. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I'm not saying he said "clock it". It really doesn't matter, because we weren't getting a play off anyway. However, if you watch this video, you can see he wasn't saying "he's down".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmDBu57SDnc&feature=related]YouTube - Les Miles "Clock It"[/ame]