Monday Press Conference:

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 4, 2010.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Sheesh...a "hair hurter" and that is bad.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

It was the ONLY call at that time. Personnel doesn't matter if the clock runs out.

Wouldn't the play determine the personnel, not the personnel determine the play.

No one had to "say" it to T Bob but SAY IT, someone, everyone should've be screaming it.

Poor JJ is really confused. Last year they told him to clock it when he should have run a play so this year he doesn't clock it...he was thinking, "I got this." :wave:

At least Miles took responsibility.

1 person likes this.
  3. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

Nice, now that's funny. I have a "want to laugh, but I also have courage and determination so I will have to deal with the multiplicity of my feelings that make me want to scream..."SAM MONTGOMERY WILL NOT PLAY THIS WEEK!"
    Fade out with a soft whisper....................

4. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

just popped two more tylenol...im up to six for the day after trying to figure out what our head coaches are trying to accomplish on the offensive side of the ball

5. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

The problem with the whole thing is he is too stupid to even realize WTF he did wrong. He is talking about spiking it I guess. Well, there was no reason not to get 4 plays down there before the end of the game without the spike.

He is just as stupid today as he was on Saturday, there was absolutely no reason to spike the ball on any down.

1 person likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

There is some douchebaggery going on here. So, Les, you take responsibility for time management because you are the head coach, but you don't call the plays. BUT.... you called the last play that Ridley scored on. How convenient.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

They should include 'em on comprehension tests with some of our standardized testing. Anyone who can answer questions after reading them is in, in my book. Hell, I'd even let them do open-book.

8. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

You're right Red....but part of what is sad to me is that it almost sounds like he just figured it out.

"The thing that easily would have been said, lets clock it, needed to be said well before. The issue becomes as soon as you're without timeouts you know the only way to stop the clock is clock it."

This is coaching 101. If it is the "easy" thing to do, then it should have been done.

1 person likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He isn't accepting responsibility. He is saying that it's his fault by default.

1 person likes this.
  10. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

1st down - pass
    2nd down - rollout run/pass option or pass... make sure you either get in or throw it away or run out of bounds
    3rd down - rollout run/pass option or pass
    4th down - Any RUN or pass play you want

4 plays, no reason to spike it, you could still run it on the last play.

He still has no idea he could have easily gotten 4 cracks at it.

Heck, I don't see why you can't try two RUN plays in 27 seconds. At least a RUn play and a QB sneak.

LSU had plenty of time, huge amounts of time. 1 play in basically 27 seconds.