Monday Press Conference:

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

yeah that is how i read it as well.

is there a link for the pc yet?

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Of course it should. But its also quarterbacking 101. And fortunately . . . offensive lineman 101.

3. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

Yes it is. But here's another area I think we miss on this board sometimes. People continually mention play of a postion as being a problem. I get the impression that there are people who think the players come out of high school already knowing everthing there is to know about their position. QB's should know how to read a defense, make the right check downs, etc. It makes me question whether the problem is the football intelligence of the player or the football intelligence of the coach. None of us know what goes on in practice, we can only make assumptions based on what we see Saturday night. My feeling is that we have enough talent at QB....Crowton, Miles or whoever may not be doing enough on the teaching end. The fact that we cannot do the easy things right leads me to believe the latter.

4. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

in all fairness tiga, he said this in reference to a question on how a play is called from the booth. he's saying personnel is the first thing sent down then the play for that personnel. he's not saying personnel takes precedence over the play call in fact after the game i think he said that opposite.

like red said, miles took responsibility and is probably being a bit too protective of crowton here.

crowton called all the plays but the last one. it's not that hard to believe.

miles said eff this, we're one yard out, it's ridley time. none of this 3 wr shotgun set crap.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't buy it. I can't believe that Miles isn't calling plays, or at least giving Crowton a script to call from.

This isn't as much on Crowton as everyone is making it out to be in my opinion.

6. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

Why can't you believe it? Les is saying it, the players are saying it and reporters are saying it. Why is it so hard to believe it.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

No, that's not what I meant, I meant that I am not buying the fact that the only play call Les has made was the Ridley run. I haven't heard, or read anything the players have said about who is calling the plays, except that one quote from Miles, and I would just as soon believe everything a heroin addict says than everything Miles says.

8. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i'm a little miffed that the above quote is what Miles said on saturday. and probably the right reaction. today at the press conf, though he takes the high road and just blames himself.

making himself look even worse in the process.

now he has to make it seem like putting in the new personnel was the right move (defending crowton) and that they were going to stop the clock then run the play. stop defending crowton, miles, your reaction on saturday was the right one.

9. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Absolutely! You're also right about him denying calling the plays when the offense sucks. Yet, when it's convenient, it was his decision. Crowton may be an idiot. Even so, it seems like a case of the blind leading the blind.

10. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

ah damn. i will have to flip back to some of the player quotes but i swear there was one from a players that talked about the chain of events to get a play on the field.