Monday Press Conference:

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 4, 2010.

1. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Miles really isn't a "throw them under the bus" type. Even back when we had the Co-Def Coordinators. He never threw either, or both of them under the bus.

Same with the RP business. Miles really tries to keep things in-house. It's actually better that way, IMO.

2. P&G_wheelz007

In the post-game presser, Miles said Crowton called every play on that final drive.

He says he called the last one, the Ridley play, because he had thrown his headset and couldn't talk to anyone upstairs.

3. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

you're gonna tell me that sending in jefferson in a shotgun set with extra WR's was miles and not crowton?

you, my good friend, and i will have to disagree on this one.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He sure as hell didn't do Jarrett Lee any favors when he was talking to Jordy after the post game presser. He was talking about areas they needed to improve and directly referenced Jarrett's interception in the endzone, and didn't say a damn thing about Jordan Jefferson. I'm telling you this guy is bound to the hip with Jordan Jefferson. I don't know if it's because he just refuses to admit he was wrong, but he is going to sink with Jefferson.

1 person likes this.
  5. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

You're correct. However, his standard response lately is "another day in the SEC." That's not blaming anyone or taking responsibility. That canned answer implies that the dramatic turn of events are warranted because of the conference we play in.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

no no no, what I am saying, is that to think that the only play that Miles called in the entire game came from Crowton, and that Miles just lets Crowton run wild in the coaches box is kind of crazy.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

YOU NEED TO CONSIDER WHAT PERSONNEL TO BRING IN ON A CLOCKING OF THE BALL?

DID YOU REALLY SAY THAT?

8. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

How is it crazy that the OC calls the plays all game? That is how the majority of teams do it.

9. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Nothing fishy going on there. Les said at the end of the game he threw his headphones away. When they called the penalty he didn't have time to put his headphones back on and get a play by CGC, so he called one himself.

Look everyone, CLM certainly speaks in mind twisters but at least he came out there and took responsibilty. Also I think in the heat of being mad after the game Saturday he threw CGC under the bus but since then has had enough time to calm down and didn't want to do that.

I do fully believe CGC was the one that called for Jefferson to enter the game, and I put everything that happened squarely on his shoulders. Miles assumed CGC told Jefferson a 2nd play. . .that was a bad assumption but I can understand WHY he'd have thought that.

In the end, if CGC hadn't called for Jefferson to enter the game, there wouldn't have been a clock issue at all.

10. P&G_wheelz007

No... thats' not what he said.

Certain plays require certain personell.

Relax Izzy. We have 7 or 8 or 9 more games to go through.

:yelwink2: