Monday Press Conference:

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 4, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The saddest part of all of this is the fact that we would run a play that kept the clock moving with wanting to get Lee back in if it failed, and would consider WASTING A GODDAMN down on clocking the ball.

That's pathetic decision making in that situation. The next play call should have been Jefferson staying on the field with the exact same personnel and a pass play. If that fails, you quickly put Lee back in the game with the clock stopped on an incomplete pass.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It's not that hard to believe, anywhere else but here. If Crowton is calling all the plays, then he has multiple personalities, is completely bi-polar, and has changed philosophies from 07-08 from 08 to 09, and from 09-10.

3. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Correct. JJ should have gone on the field with at least 2 plays, or even 3 plays.

Play #1 was JJ around the right side. If he doesn't score there were several things we coulda/shoulda woulda done.

Play #2 Spike the ball

Play#3 (would have been 4th down) Huddle up. Get the right personell on the field. Win the ball game.

OR

Play # 1 JJ end around.

Play #2 Hurry up and go play-action pass.

Play #3 (clock stopped on incomplete pass/ 4th down) Ridley left for the win!

4. LaSalleAve

1210 the Score on Buddy's show is about to play audio of the presser...

1210 AM The Score

5. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Not so hard to believe he's calling at least the majority of plays. He doesn't have the line or QB he had then.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well then you would have to explain what he actually said. Because that's how this reads:

"It would have been very easily for us to signal the clock and have him clock it. The issue was trying to facilitate the call on the field and get the personell you want in the game. The clock it call was the absolute best call at that time".

I don't know anything else to take from that.

Please explain.

Thanks. I'll hangup and listen.

7. LaSalleAve

I don't doubt he is calling the majority of the plays.

But....

Does anyone here believe that Crowton has free reign to design his own plays, call his own plays, from what he determined should be the personnel?

Like Les has just sat back and said Gary, it's your offense, get it done.

Personally, I think Les (offensive coach) gives allows Crowton to call most of the plays based on a chart that he (Miles) created.

8. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

He's saying they screwed up. That they should have clocked it, but were trying to get another play called and personell on the field.

That's how I take it. "We should have clocked it. Then called a play and swapped personell."

9. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

You can think that if you choose to. You're allowed to be wrong. This is America. :yelwink2:

10. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

sorry i misunderstood you.

i honestly believe that miles is a GM and not a hands on coach. i really do think he lets both his coordinators have free reign with miles having some input on situationals (i.e. 4th and 1/go for it?, 3 rd and 3. run/pass? etc).

i don't think miles gets very involved on a chalkboard either.

btw, i have absolutely zero inside knowledge to back anything i just said,but that's my belief.