money talks

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by col reb, Mar 2, 2004.

1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Is Manning worth that kind of money? No way. Love my rebs but no way...But we have become this sort of sports freak. You may hate all sports, but you pay for it. You may not even own a tv but you pay. Budweiser, Sears, or Charmin butt wipe. These people are not paying out of the goodness of their heart . They expect profit in return. And they will get it. IF YOU USE THEIR PRODUCT. The more the owner of pro teams pay out, the more they take in. Who picks up the bill? WE DO.

2. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

What in the........??? What does Peyton Manning have to do with your rebs. UT ring a bell?

3. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Manning

You know what? Someone just told me that Payton played for Tennessee. Can you believe that? Seriously---------I like the dude, but NO ONE PERSON IS WORTH THAT KIND OF MONEY. THE MAN WHO CURES CANCER, SHOULD MAKE ENOUGH MONEY TO HAVE ANYTHING HE WANTS -------------WITHIN REASON. IF THESE OWNERS HAVE SO MUCH MONEY, THEY SHOULD BE HELPING THE POOR IN THE USA. NOT IN IRAQ, IRAN, SUDAN, YADA YADA YADA.

4. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I still don't get this quote.

5. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

Simple economics:
    Manning provides a service. It's in high demand and hardly anyone on the face of the earth can do it.

Who exactly are ya'll blaming?

Peyton? If you can tell me that you wouldn't sign that deal I'll hit you for being both a moron and a liar.
    Colts? They have the money and are going to spend it on a product that will ensure their own success.
    Unions? Just making sure that players get their fair share of revenues.
    Fans? Ahhh, now here's a good argument. Where does the fuel for the fire under all of your butts come from? YOURSELF. You pay the ticket prices, watch the games, buy the merchandise. Maybe if you spent this money donating to cancer charities, they could pay the guy who finds the cure $99 million. But until then STOP BLAMING OTHERS.

Now, if anyone wants to have a discussion on whether or not Peyton himself is worth that much compared to other QB's, I'm game.

6. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

It is to my knowledge that all Rebel fans love the entire Manning family......they look at the Mannings as an Ole Miss Rebel family, even though Peyton went to UT. My brother is and Ole Miss grad and told me that pretty much all Rebel fans are big supporters of Peyton.......just my 2 cents

7. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Mannings

Yes, we love them. DEARLY. They are the kind of people we want to associate with. So are the Jerry Stovalls of this world. The Warren Rabbs. Charley Conerlys. Jake Gibbs family. The Johnny Vaughts. Charlie McClendons. BOY______I wish you guys had run Charlie Mac up to Ole Miss. But he would never have gone there. He loved you guys too much for that to happen.

8. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

No way is he are any athelete worth that money. But I guess it's part of free enterprise. Maybe it's not about manning but say's something about america

9. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

As a Teamster and TRUE union member, I absolutely HATE it when what the NFL. NBA and MLB players belong to is called a union, because it is not. In the end, it is every man for himself under the guise of a union.

:geaux: :helmet: :lsug: :helmet: :geaux: