Mood of the Board

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bandit88, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

It's very interesting that the mood of the board has changed significantly since last Saturday. After UNC and Vandy, there was a lot of gnashing of teeth.

Now, after what I consider to be an unimpressive but solid win over Miss St, the board is taking a serious turn towards excitement over the season.

Other than the two or three usual trolls we have, even the doubters are posting positive stuff.

What has changed since the end of the Vandy game to make folks so optimistic?

Not judging (I'm feelin' it too), but I just can't put my finger on it, so to speak.

What do y'all think?

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I think that most of the rival posters are doing such a good job of spouting anti LSU sports spittle, that has absolutely no rationale behind it that the "negatigers" don't have to.

It's very compelling that the usual anti LSU ranting posters are absent and have not unleashed their usual vitriol. They are lurking instead of posting. They are enjoying the childish venom that is being posted by the rival trolls.

Did anyone expect that posters in the vein of TC, Danthetigerfan and LSU-SIU would actually chime in to dispute the baseless dribble being posted here by some of the rivals?

I'm beginning to think that the usual negatigers actually agree with the "LSU sucks", "your defense is bad" and the "your coach is a goon" statements so much so that their true motives are more apparent now.

Maybe they're not posting because they want to preserve their false image as LSU fans.

It seems to me that many of the negatigers and the rival trolls are one and the same.

But don't worry, they'll be back right after the game...win or lose...no matter how well LSU and WVU play each other to promulgate their usual and very predictable negativity.

1 person likes this.
  3. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

1.) This team is clearly better than last year's team.

2.) Our defense is aggressive, fast and so much fun to watch - so many sacks and INT's.

3.) Special teams are awesome too. We can make long kicks, cover kicks and return kicks with the best of 'em.

4.) Penalties appear to be down from last year.

5.) Some folks think the offense is sandbagging.

6.) Lastly, at least for me anyways, I've seen everyone on our schedule play... we have a real shot at Atlanta this year.

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

1 person likes this.
  4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I simply scroll over the posts by non-LSU fans and if it looks ridiculous (and most do), I just don't click...

1 person likes this.
  5. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

The negatigers will be back full force at the first oppurtunity.

The fact is, so far (and it's early) this team is better than last year on defense, still solid on special teams, offensive line play is getting better (I think the jury's still out on th O-line, we'll know more soon).

Of course, it's in spite of Miles. :yelwink2:

6. WickedJester

WickedJester Lets Go...... Moutaineers

Glad to see you guys have to deal with some of the same bashing fans we do.

I actually have more posts on here than I do bluegoldnews.com.. I imagine you have the ones that bitch and moan even when you win because you didnt win by enough points. Good Lord, we beat Marshall and I thought the forum was going to be burnt down like they burn couches in Morgantown.

So critical of our fans and coaches, I dont understand how they call themselves fans.

2 people like this.
  7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

This!!!!!

I will say that we do have some very knowledgable fans who do give some great analysis of our team and coaches. It's the ones who open threads or with every post conclude that Miles needs to be fired. You want entertainment be here on game day. You will see with every play that doesn't pick up 10+ yds the fans that implode and want the coaches fired or think X player sucks. Pretty funny actually.

8. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

I think that despite our offense's shortcomings, which consists of JJ not throwing more than a hundred yards a game, there is very little to complain about.

We're 3-0, 2-0 against conference. Our closest game was against UNC, a ranked opponent. At this time last year, our closest game was against Moo State, and we survived off of a goal line stand. This year, we handled them well and came away with a solid victory.

Add to that, our ranking this year to start out with was more realistic than last year's. We have moved up quite a bit since then, and that is showing the country (and some posters) that the sky is not falling.

I've seen some negative posting by us, but the majority I've seen this week is by a minority of WV fans that have come here for the sole purpose of poking the tiger. This is not to say that all of our WV friends are this way, it is only a handful. When that happens, Tiger fans, negatigers and sunshine pumpers, will more than likely hold off on slamming each other and focus on the malcontents that just showed up.

I'm sure the negativity will be back in full force if we lose a game, or don't solidly defeat an opponent, but for now, I'lm happy with the forum.

1 person likes this.
  9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

The Miss State game was pivotal, IMHO. We did not blow it and we stayed in and won tough.

The two prior games were iffy at times. Never felt that way against Miss State. For me a big difference.

QB play was not great, but I think JJ made some better decisions than prior games...For me, that has me a LOT more optimistic than after either UNC or Vandy

We need a great game this weekend, to blow WVU out of the water, and we are on our way.

So... when a lot hinges on only of couple of things, and those things get better, BINGO!

geaux tigers

1 person likes this.
  10. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Like other posters have said, we do seem like a better team this year as a whole and we have a decent chance of rolling into the Swamp undefeated.

Lots of people(including me) are still worried about the QB situation. But would be kind of ridiculous to be negative after this last game. The defense is playing great and getting tons of turnovers. Special teams is clicking. Offensive line is improved and the running game showing some nice things. With the legitamate threat of a downfield passing game, I think we would considered one of the top 5 teams in the country.