Mood of the Board

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bandit88, Sep 23, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I think this has a lot to do with it. Many thought we got lucky against UNC, Vandy is a cupcake, but Miss St is a somewhat quality team, especially since they played AU tough and we did better against them. I think what many are seeing is vast improvement in certain areas, and the areas that still need improving are not impossible to fix. Specifically QB play. The rest of the team is playing at a level that can compete with any team in the country, should JJ just get to a level that is a bit better and doesn't blow games for us, I think many feel there isn't anyone on our schedule we can't beat.

2 people like this.
  2. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

I hate to say it, but I don’t think the offence is sand bagging. I think that they just haven’t executed on the few “big yard” plays attempted. However, they are getting better with every game. Another thing about our O, you are not going to see them take a lot of big risk, they are simply going to play to the level of their opponent and do just enough to win the game. Why? Because safe play and a 10-2 or 9-3 season is not going to get old Les fired.

As far as the Negatigers go…after the UNC game there was rumblings in my group. “Les needs to be fired” etc. The rumbling was less, but still there after Vandy. After last week the rumblings were confined to one small group speaking in whispers, as to not be overheard.

It’s hard to find something bad to say about a team that is 3-0 and is obviously improving with every game. It is even harder to find someone to listen to it.

1 person likes this.
  3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I think a big part of it is that we showed in the State game exactly how many ways we can beat you. And we know now that if our offense improves just a little bit, we can be a dominant team once again. The State game was a return to the aggressive, in-your-face style of football that we've gotten used to down here. We hadn't seen that in a couple of years. Honestly, how long has it been since we beat up a team like that? With the exception of the offense, this is unquestionably one of the most explosive, talented, and hungry teams that I've ever seen take the field at LSU. It's just beginning to feel like they're on the verge of exploding. If we could just complete a few downfield passes here and there, we can make a real run at the SECW.

4. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

I get CHILLS when I think about how good we are going to be next year after the whole team matures a bit.

5. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Unfortunately, you spoke to soon about the absence of LSU-SIU. :rolleye33: He's up to his old tricks this morning on the thread about "Not knowing where we stand - on offense". Guess he just couldn't stand letting the rival posters have all the fun. :LSU231:

6. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I think a lot of it has to do with all the trash talking WVU fans coming on here. It pissed everyone off and focused our attention on a common enemy.

2 people like this.
  7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Ding, ding, ding. :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  8. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

1) It is now obvious that our defense has the potential to be one of the all-time best.

2) Even a mule will eventually stop banging its head against a wall.

9. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

after three games this year you can point to one problem spot and one background concern.

the problem spot is the QB. it needs to improve or this is a chik fil a bowl team instead of a new years day team. it's just that simple. but there's hope still.

the background concern is whether or not the offensive line has improved from last year. so far they've earned a C+ which means they're getting by, the curve gets higher as competition gets better. will they improve as the season goes on and can they avoid injury. if they stay injury free an O line can really jel as the season goes on. just like bama's did last year.

but everywhere else on the team has given us much to look fwd to.

in my opinion the mood is up because we're playing a pretty decent ooc opponent and we all come together to represent LSU and the SEC the best we can when that happens.
    it's an 8 pm game which gets most people fired up (i mean an actual kickoff under lights, not turning to night after the game starts). LSU is meant to play at night i don't care what anyone says, and with tenn and probably bama and ole miss both being 2:30 games, this sadly may be one of the last times this season to experience what LSU gamedays are all about.

the other games felt like warm ups, but this is it. there's this game and then we go face first into the SEC schedule.

10. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

The mood is up because this team looks better, in spite of 9 solid months of derision. Have the perpetual Miles bashers changed their minds?

No.

However mounting numbers in the win column apparently makes their nuts dry up to the size of chickpeas. But don't worry, this team will have a hiccup, or maybe just Miles, and they will be blasting the board loud, long and hard. True misery doesn't die in the light, it just gets quiet.